1. Anca.'s rating of the film Blow-Up

maybe 2.5. where's the thrill ? congrats for creating such an unlikeable character, tho.

2. João Abreu's rating of the film Blow-Up

Não consigo superar o quanto detestei o fdp do fotógrafo e a profunda misoginia sintomática de todo o filme. Não fosse a cena final maravilhosa...

3. João R's rating of the film Blow-Up

While it some amazing scenes, it still feels empty. Plus, a major part of the behavior represented is unlikely.

4. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Blow-Up

5. enkii__bilal's rating of the film Blow-Up

Intruiging thriller with many long sequences that have a lack of dialogues between characters, but, movie does not indicate his own purpose, and has unfinished plot, although movie in the really good way shows: stile of living in London through the 60's.

6. Alex Lewis's rating of the film Blow-Up

that strange, illegible neon sign that floats high and punctures the dark says all that needs to be said.

7. DenoResandono's rating of the film Blow-Up

Hmm... I don't know how to describe this movie properly. Maybe, just maybe, BLOW-UP is a kind of movie that will make a few audiences feel disappointed. Often classified as mystery or thriller genre, BLOW-UP doesn't really offer a satisfying conclusion. This movie still left some mysteries unsolved. Director Michelangelo Antonioni just showed us the process and the questions. But he just didn't give the answers...

8. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Blow-Up

It's labeled as a thriller, but is the furthest thing from thrilling. Waaaaaay too much fluff. The action time of the plot totals maybe 10-15 minutes, the rest is heavily centered around how big of an asshole Hemming's character is. The only thing I can say for it is London seen through Antonioni's romantic, Italian eye- a far cry from the drab, gloomy portrait so often painted by British directors of that time.

9. wiwitaek's rating of the film Blow-Up

David Hemmings should be the one whose poses but hey, wait, he did! Strangely enough, Blow Up reminds me a lot to Angst..

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Blow-Up

11. el.'s rating of the film Blow-Up

12. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Blow-Up

I do love this film. And it is deserved of five stars. But as someone who lives in London, I prefer seeing the stripped back exoticism of places like Milan, Sicily or Barcelona from the maestro's other work. And therefore it holds less of a place in my heart. What does that say about me?

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Blow-Up

I've watched a lot of great tennis matches in my time, but that final match is one for the ages.

14. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film Blow-Up

15. Amy Madden's rating of the film Blow-Up

Still my favourite film of all time.

16. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Blow-Up

17. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Blow-Up

the only antonioni movie that I've genuienly enjoyed

18. dordairobert's rating of the film Blow-Up

19. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Blow-Up

Revisit 3: Yes, amid so much meaninglessness--never an exclusively dismal nihility, but rather one often full of a puzzling sense of jubilance--there's nonetheless an immense deal of energy, spontaneity & diversion: an aggressive, somewhat cruel threesome, an impulsive purchase of a propeller, outbursts of erratic, childish behavior. But when the failure of purpose becomes altogether palpable, what's left is anguish.

20. mubianer's rating of the film Blow-Up

50 years later I went to see the tennis court in Maryon Park, South East London. A couple were having sex next to it. Otherwise I found the park to have that eerie atmosphere from the film. A joy to watch it on 35mm, long live 35mm!

21. DSPRKY's rating of the film Blow-Up

If his four previous films were about not being seen, Blow-Up is Antonioni's study of seeing everything. (And yet still not seeing?) At first I hated the pace, found the main character stupid and repulsive, didn't understand the casting. Then about 40 minutes in everything clicked and I was entranced. Antonioni does it again.

22. FISCHER's rating of the film Blow-Up

>>> Rêve ou réalité, le mystère s'épaissit jusqu'au trouble et au doute final. Pour aboutir à cette oeuvre allégorique et fascinante, au troublant questionnement existentiel... www.cinefiches.com

23. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Blow-Up

Not surprised at all from loving this. Antonioni at his best.

24. Jason's rating of the film Blow-Up

Though he was already inarguably a giant of world cinema, one must concede that Antonioni made a discernible leap w/ BLOW-UP, and not just out of Italy or into the realm of the "popular." This is a movement from the implicitly metaphysical to the explicitly metaphysical. This is a leap into puzzle-logic and high-minded world-modeling. There is also the epistemological register: you blow things up and you get blur.