1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Blow-Up

I've watched a lot of great tennis matches in my time, but that final match is one for the ages.

2. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film Blow-Up

3. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Blow-Up

4. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Blow-Up

the only antonioni movie that I've genuienly enjoyed

5. dordairobert's rating of the film Blow-Up

6. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Blow-Up

Revisit 3: Yes, amid so much meaninglessness--never an exclusively dismal nihility, but rather one often full of a puzzling sense of jubilance--there's nonetheless an immense deal of energy, spontaneity & diversion: an aggressive, somewhat cruel threesome, an impulsive purchase of a propeller, outbursts of erratic, childish behavior. But when the failure of purpose becomes altogether palpable, what's left is anguish.

7. mubianer's rating of the film Blow-Up

50 years later I went to see the tennis court in Maryon Park, South East London. A couple were having sex next to it. Otherwise I found the park to have that eerie atmosphere from the film. A joy to watch it on 35mm, long live 35mm!

8. DSPRKY's rating of the film Blow-Up

If his four previous films were about not being seen, Blow-Up is Antonioni's study of seeing everything. (And yet still not seeing?) At first I hated the pace, found the main character stupid and repulsive, didn't understand the casting. Then about 40 minutes in everything clicked and I was entranced. Antonioni does it again.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Blow-Up

>>> Rêve ou réalité, le mystère s'épaissit jusqu'au trouble et au doute final. Pour aboutir à cette oeuvre allégorique et fascinante, au troublant questionnement existentiel... www.cinefiches.com

10. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Blow-Up

Not surprised at all from loving this. Antonioni at his best.

11. Jason's rating of the film Blow-Up

Though he was already inarguably a giant of world cinema, one must concede that Antonioni made a discernible leap w/ BLOW-UP, and not just out of Italy or into the realm of the "popular." This is a movement from the implicitly metaphysical to the explicitly metaphysical. This is a leap into puzzle-logic and high-minded world-modeling. There is also the epistemological register: you blow things up and you get blur.

12. sabrina's rating of the film Blow-Up

I really liked the implicit and slow moving character of this film, as well as the lack of resolve. The main character, in photographer fashion, doesn't seem to force events around him, rather he is aptly portrayed as an observer of the strange phenomena occurring around him. His apathy is contagious.

13. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Blow-Up

Given how well-chosen the metaphors are, it's really unfortunate that this is such a dry film lacking a basic engine to keep things moving. I think it's useful as a tool for abject artistic inspiration the same way I think a thesaurus might be useful when one needs a better word for describing a concept. But I don't go to thesauruses for emotional or intellectual fulfillment, nor have I found it in this film.

14. anacecil's rating of the film Blow-Up

Un asesinato en medio de la locura de los años 60s. Un clásico de la época para ver hoy en día.

15. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Blow-Up

16. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Blow-Up

An interesting and stylish look into the world of a fashion photographer and his obsession for his work. Though I didn't love this film as much as I had expected, Antonioni's mise en scène is definitely worthwhile. There are some moments of roaring silence which draws emphasis on the main character's alienation.

17. Lourenço Cadete's rating of the film Blow-Up

I don't really remember why but I really liked this film. I think I was stoned when I watched it to be honest

18. Andreea Serpe's rating of the film Blow-Up

19. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Blow-Up

The main character is an annoying little shit, but the movie itself immerses the viewer and plays with his/her perception in relation to the visuals in the movie. A classic among psychological thrillers.

20. nvmore's rating of the film Blow-Up

david hemmings' babyface is my new fave thing ever

21. Ekincaidaz's rating of the film Blow-Up

A classic, though as I remember it, a bit off kilter. Maybe psychadelics help? Lol.

22. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Blow-Up

23. ali di pollo's rating of the film Blow-Up

anche se si era stufato quindi ha finito a cazzo di cane mi è piaciuto

24. truffraud's rating of the film Blow-Up

england is shown at the height of its dreary style. the movie is shot like it's a glossy spread in a high-fashion mag. visually superb. story-wise: there's no story. nada happens, which is okay in itself. when you consider other factors, not so much; the guy who plays the photographer is devoid of any verve, wit, humanity, chutzpah, label it whatever, until the final sequence (the mimes play tennis in the park).