1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Body Double

A deliciously tawdry burlesque B-side to Dressed to Kill; a composite of all manner of borrowings, nods & derivations - before they are skewered and exposed for what they are not (quite). The hilarious lacerations of filmmaking & indeed film-watching make for an outrageously effective double-take on filmic convention & artificiality, screwing genre construction & expectation with gleeful cheek. More fun than the A.

2. Sirma Kurtulmaz's rating of the film Body Double

3. HAD!L's rating of the film Body Double

fun, very well made and got my eyes glued to the screen

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Body Double

Excellent ouvrage, tendu et soutenu avec un certain brio, malgré un maniérisme habituel quelquefois agaçant et des attendus effets de caméra souvent pénibles... www.cinefiches.com

5. Teona Gal's rating of the film Body Double

6. Michael Peer's rating of the film Body Double

Probably my favorite DePalma film - a filmmaker I've been devouring to mixed delight. This is a sleazy, entertaining, and delicious noir that steals from everyone under the sun. It's wonderfully stylized and full of fantastic memorable sequences. It's incredibly unbalanced and shows a bewildering lack of finesse - especially when stealing so much from Hitchcock. You'll never see a bouncier steadicam shot than here.

7. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Body Double

8. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Body Double

A masterpiece when it's silent, but the story drags down its depiction. De Palma's staging, the layers of geography and meta-textual meaning in every shot, is stunning and the way that his living camera moves through these multi-tiered landscapes brings them to live. I just wish that the material pushed and pried as much as his treatment of it.

9. hemachandra's rating of the film Body Double

Brian De Palma is B-Hitchcock

10. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film Body Double

At times I was on the edge of my seat yet at others times, I was covering my eyes in sheer horror; sometimes I felt aroused in an unsettling way but one thing is for sure, throughout 'Body Double' my jaw remained dropped. An incredible experience. One of the few films I've ever wanted to, upon the end credits rolling, replay immediately afterwards. Very reminiscent of 'Peeping Tom' 'Rear Window' and 'Blue Velvet'.

11. Janae's rating of the film Body Double

The Hitchcock influence is strong with this one.

12. Jim Fear's rating of the film Body Double

The credits scene was random as hell

13. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Body Double

14. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Body Double

15. Pedderrs's rating of the film Body Double

Another De Palma thriller that inevitably draws comparisons with Alfred Hitchcock's work and 'Rear Window' in particular. The convoluted plot, overwrought score and some truly strange turns will offend some whilst captivating others, but De Palma once again gets the best out of his actors and the third act is truly gripping cinema after a somewhat meandering middle section. Dondaggio's 'Telescope' is sublime.

16. Addy K.'s rating of the film Body Double

It took a while, but I'm finally onboard with De Palma's delightfully perverse position on life vs. cinema. BODY DOUBLE is undoubtedly the trashiest film he has made. Now, why do we really watch movies? To comprehend life or its great mysteries? Nope. We watch to dream with our eyes open. Pure cinema is pleasure. And unlike real life, in cinema you can have it all—including Melanie Griffith. Because why the hell not.

17. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Body Double

Oh, what a delightfully twisted puzzle!

18. opandadodavid's rating of the film Body Double

the Body Double theme is 5 * tho

19. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Body Double

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Body Double

What a spectacular ending and closing credits sequence. Taught me the virtue not doing it when I wanna go to it.

21. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Body Double

22. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Body Double

De Palma manages to create a film that's both gauche B-Movie & profound commentary on society & the medium. As the title suggests, the whole film works on a notion of trickery - we are constantly battling to distinguish dream, reality & the surreal. De Palma effortlessly lampoons the fakery of filmmaking & the allure of voyeurism on the foundations of Vertigo/Rear Window. A seedy thriller loaded with possibility.

23. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Body Double

A silly, sleazy Hollywood tale within a tale with very special sets, including the Chemosphere house in the Hollywood Hills. As rude as when I watched it years ago.

24. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Body Double