1. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

2. Diogo Costa's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Before watching it I was reluctant. This is Anderson's directorial debut and off the bat you notice his style and writing weren't developed yet. However, he delivers one of his funniest movies yet and you still get the quirky characters, beautiful cinematography and a sweet and entertaining story.

3. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Bottle Rocket

4. mariatavares's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

5. angeldromero's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Very impressive first film to start a really solid filmography, showing essential characteristics of his style (now more consolidated) since early in his career. Is charming, hopeful and funny. I love the way Wes shifts reality and makes it feel like a children's book. I really liked this film!

6. José Neves's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

7. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

No time to think of consequences... Subtle message, great acting.

8. henry0001's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

9. Jason's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

If you weren't around, you probably cannot be brought cozily to an understanding of how gleefully anachronistic a piece of 90s indie culture Bottle Rocket was. Sure. Yong guys pulling off woebegone heists. Tons of movies like that. But guys like this? Arthur Lee on the soundtrack? The wardrobe? This movie is pissing on the pant legs of a generation. Eventually, of course, Anderson would go on to make dioramas.

10. may's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Dignan must be one of my favourite characters.

11. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

12. truffraud's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

the only WA i truly and thusly like.

13. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

14. Chris's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

boring... luckily wes anderson improved later on in his career

15. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Gonna watch all Anderson's filmography. And Owen Wilson steals any scenes on it.

16. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

The world is worse when the Wilson brothers aren't working together.

17. Aymerik Martin Derome's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

18. Thom Whyte's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Not a Wes fan, and I wasn't enjoying it half way through. But by the end it seems to come full circle and I felt like I got to the heart of the film. The characters are a bunch of big kids, and who didn't fantasise about being an outlaw when they were a kid?

19. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

20. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

There is a major stylistic shift to come between this film and Rushmore, but what it retains is the basic affection Anderson has for his characters as they stumble around, struggling to communicate their feelings and need to connect. Not to everyone's taste - but I found it light as air and completely charming.

21. alf to the rescue's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Interesting to watch to see how Wes Anderson began but lost me half way through.

22. AndrewOllerton's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Loved the scene when they were driving with The Proclaimers. There was also a lot of beautiful dusk shots, particularly outside the motel.

23. Teddy Hempstead's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Tremendous fun. Those who've heard about Wes Anderson's un-Wes-ish debut will be surprised how lovely it is, though with much slower, longer shots than his eventual signature films specialize in.

24. Charlotte Tillieux's rating of the film Bottle Rocket

Want to go to the Bottle Rocket motel in Texas.