1. jo's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

2. Ethan's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

This is a delightfully fun film and Michel Simon is an absolute delight here.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Boudu gives zero fucks.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Classique incontournable du cinéma français avec un magistral Michel Simon ! www.cinefiches.com

5. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

6. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Bombastic, billowing, perpetually off balance Michel Simon embodies perfectly a great comic character in Boudu, who is constantly and hilariously destroying everything and insulting everyone he comes in contact with, but in a lovable, goofy sort of way. A lovely summers day bit of light hearted watching and surprisingly funny comedy that evokes times of spring and carefree fun, despite involving attempted suicide.

7. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

I feel like a little bit of Michel Simon goes a long way, hence why he was one of the best part of L'Atalante. Here, to be honest, he got slightly on my nerves. Also, while I understand that he's an anarchist and, thus, should not be entirely judged by society's norms, I still can't get behind what was basically a rape scene that's being presented as comedic. Still, Simons's animalistic behavior had its moments.

8. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Boudu me recuerda al Charlot de "La quimera del oro", y no necesariamente durante esa escena en dónde el genial Michel Simon duerme plácidamente en el piso a pesar de tener a su disposición una cómoda cama (la fuerza de la costumbre diría Chaplin), sino porque a pesar de su condición de vagabundo, este personaje revela una dignidad que no depende del estado económico que le cae del cielo.

9. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

10. El Biffo's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Michel Simon is so great, he has never disappointed me. I love the story about him standing guard in the doorway of the Cinemateque Francaise to keep the scabs out in 1968!

11. James Devereaux's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Michel Simon and Jean Renoir are the best. Beautiful & humbling. Watching this is like sitting by a log fire.

12. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Michel Simon's Boudu was a bit too annoying for me. Ditto the family. I understand to a degree the point the filmmakers tried to make but still, too much. A few good moments though esp the sex scene no one will see coming. That was great.

13. Aaron G.'s rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

One of the most punk rock films ever. Michel Simon is a bizarre natural force. Awesome. Gorin's commentary on the Criterion disc is really wonderful too.

14. ConallVision's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning

Am I missing something here because I found this film excruciating. It's so dated and in my opinion dated beyond the stage that it can be enjoyed for the general aesthetics of the film. I'll except the theme is good, but very simplistic. I'm at a loss when it comes to the 'genius' of Renoir.

15. chanandre's rating of the film Boudu Saved from Drowning