1. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Bound for Glory

Bio film done right. Come back to this Hollywood! Drop the Ray and Ring of Fire formulaic bull shit

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Bound for Glory

The sign painting to singing ratio is a bit off.

3. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film Bound for Glory

Cinematographer Haskel Wexler mixes filmgrain with sandstone as it puts visual dust in the wind,the railroadtracks and in the home of painter turned musician Woody Guthrie.The costumes,makeup and locations are depicting the era of the great dustbowl with historic detail beyond any documentary Ive seen. Director Hal Ashby adds a fresh breeze of adventure to the picture as this biopic goes road movie from Texas to L.A.

4. José Neves's rating of the film Bound for Glory

Cinematography by Haskell Wexler. "Desire" list. Another John Carradine's son, much less beautiful and charismatic than his brother Keith, with an erratic and unattractive career, where can be highlighted the television series "Kung Fu" which made him famous and for which I was fanatic, and two or three films, including this good biography of Woody Guthrie, where the character finds the actor in perfect tune.

5. chanandre's rating of the film Bound for Glory

David Carradine is beyond touching, not only can he sing, he owns ya while singing. I thought that Ronny Cox would give him a lick in the singing department but oh no, David held his own more than admirably. Seems like a film Malick, Ford or Vidor would have shot. One of the most poignant films about music, creation, independence, freedom & making on your own I've ever seen. Became one of my favorites from the 70s <3

6. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Bound for Glory

I really didn't expect it, but this gritty and slow biopic eventually gets to you. It's very different from other Ashby's films: personal and more serious. However its simplicity is well measured and even political ingredients do not get far-fetched.

7. jeffreyreeser's rating of the film Bound for Glory

Moving biopic. Another gem from Ashby. (9.2/10)