1. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Boy

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Boy

Sometimes nothing is more alienating than family.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Boy

>>> Une oeuvre étonnante sur une famille "extraterrestre"... www.cinefiches.com

4. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Boy

5. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Boy

An exemplary experiment in montage, the whole point being to make us wince at non-collision. The stage, theater, and audience for mourning - of the family, of the war loss, of origins, which always get mentioned matter-of-fact-ly - is the highway. And it's all convincingly portrayed through the eyes of our boy.

6. ermete polpette's rating of the film Boy

7. alcools's rating of the film Boy

8. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Boy

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Boy

10. matelot's rating of the film Boy

11. Karen Callora's rating of the film Boy

12. El Biffo's rating of the film Boy

Do you know what is worse than being an unwanted stepchild? If your stepmother makes you go out into traffic and try to get hit by a car so that the family can extort money from the motorists.

13. Alex's rating of the film Boy

14. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film Boy

15. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Boy

16. REH1101's rating of the film Boy

17. cbg/cbg's rating of the film Boy

Just caught it on HuluPlus. Amazing movie!

18. Brandon Nowalk's rating of the film Boy

Godard-level mastery of color and composition, ellipticism, freakball music cues, that alien boat scene. My unplanned vagrant double feature (with Accattone) was a success.

19. Pedro Ponte's rating of the film Boy

Is it creepy that Oshima made a film with this much humanity and compassion and then went on to make one where a woman chokes a man to death and then cuts off his dick? Maybe, but it's also kind of wonderful.

20. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Boy

preadolescent lifesick nonalien

21. joey Noodles's rating of the film Boy

A stunning masterpiece. This film has some clear allegory going on (alien society, snowmen, etc.) which is intertwined with a moving story of a disintegrating family.

22. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Boy

My second Oshima film and a great film. I wish I could have a DVD copy available in the UK thought... :C

23. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Boy

nice response to 400 blows and a much better film. excellent use of sound.

24. HHH's rating of the film Boy

The last shot is incredible, as the officer reflects to 'Boy' that he got to travel on a plane, and that he must of had 'Fun' a tear rolling down his face, Boy has lost the willpower to retort, and simply agrees... eyes to the floor. Very poignant and sobering film - one of, if not Oshima's greatest achievement.