1. armyofbirds's rating of the film Boyhood

The line between the pretentious rambling of the teenage protagonist and that of the director is way too blurry.

2. whimsicalmelancholy's rating of the film Boyhood

2 filmnya Linklater lagi ada di now showing. Dulu pernah jadi film favorit gue, karena ke-genuine-an yg diimplementasikan dan disampaikan dari film ini. Sampai sekarang masih spesial sih buat gue eaa

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Boyhood

Like 'Amélie' - you could definitely sour yourself on its ideological implications, but its made with such earnestness that it feels pretty mean-spirited to cynically resist its charms. I must admit that the film will probably help keep masculinity studies in business for years to come. But as long as whiteness & maleness exist it's good that compassionate films like this do too.

4. T.J. Royal's rating of the film Boyhood

"Yeah, well, for what it's worth, we've all been through the exact same thing at one point or another." Watch it, try hard not to identify with at least one character, try hard not to relate to the situations, try not to be happy when the highs arrive, and embrace the joy in failing on all those accounts. I could've sat through another hour, easily. A supremely endearing experience, highly recommended.

5. akunfilmku's rating of the film Boyhood

Framing how growing up is like in a perfect natural way.

6. gaussian's rating of the film Boyhood

cool idea, but as one of my friends pointed out, harry potter does the same thing p much!

7. Sam Kind's rating of the film Boyhood

I think the fact that this film took 12 years to make is astonishing in itself. The narrative aspect of following a young boy throughout different stages in life, tackling the struggles he and his family face, especially his mother's struggles with keeping it all together to him establishing his own identity as a kid to teenager makes for an interesting take on a story that seems so basic yet complicated.

8. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Boyhood

sorry patricia .. was not feeling you in this one

9. Conn Tubacu's rating of the film Boyhood

10. ada stan's rating of the film Boyhood

11. João R's rating of the film Boyhood

Its story it's not groundbreaking but its amusing yet minimalist and intimist course kept interesting throughout.

12. subtonal's rating of the film Boyhood

13. Ramzi's rating of the film Boyhood

My opinion might be skewed by the fact that I'm the same age as Mason, but this is an incredible film, a wonderful achievement.

14. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Boyhood

Maybe it didn't meet its ambitions but definitely a sober approach on the average life: not perfect, not a roller coaster but fast as hell, full of people that pass by and shaped by steps built by society lights years before you even consider to come around. A melancholic, gloomy and yet enjoyable result bringing into the formula witty symbolic elements representing the constant changing in life.

15. Mathrouzaud's rating of the film Boyhood

16. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Boyhood

It's rare for me to drop a film in the first 30 minutes, but, Holy Shit, is the dialogue bad. The writing reaches Lost In Translation levels of irritating. It's so cliche, so pseudo-cute, so hipster, so liberal. I know kids can be annoying but that little girl is on a whole other level.

17. ammar's rating of the film Boyhood

18. ergotismus's rating of the film Boyhood

Maybe the most middlebrow thing I've ever seen. Should have watched three hours of Degrassi instead.

19. lina maj's rating of the film Boyhood

20. amoradov's rating of the film Boyhood

Awesome soundtrack though.

21. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Boyhood

12 YEARS OF A LIFETIME. Neither a document, nor a series spread over 12 seasons, and much more than a technical feat. Just life, as it is. Lots of consistency, emotion, accuracy. Welcome to the history of cinema! = 12 ANS D'UNE VIE. Ni 1 docu, ni 1 série sur 12 saisons, et bien plus qu'une prouesse technique. Juste la vie, comme elle est. Bcp de cohérence, d'émotion, de justesse. Bienvenue dans l'histoire du cinéma !

22. norah stone's rating of the film Boyhood

23. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Boyhood

Unlike anything else I've seen in American cinema.

24. Maria Miguel von Hafe's rating of the film Boyhood