1. pinneapplefrenzy's rating of the film Brain Damage

2. jessetaylor's rating of the film Brain Damage

So incredibly silly on the surface, but upon closer examination this functions as a great exploitation horror comedy about drug addiction. It's so very 80s in its appearance - as if a blue ballpoint pen was cracked open and leaked all over every scene. It's often stunning even when comically gruesome. A hidden 80s horror gem.

3. JanaMat's rating of the film Brain Damage

4. Rocco's rating of the film Brain Damage

Henenlotter certainly loved his purples and blues, huh? A delightful, humorous, and (dare I say) mournful monster movie as metaphor for drug addiction. The performances (aside from the girlfriend) are honestly a good deal better than I've come to expect from Henenlotter, and Zacherley's felty-warm voice is just the best. Frankenhooker wins out because of its zinger of an ending, but this is a solid companion piece.

5. film_lies101's rating of the film Brain Damage

This is Henenlotter's masterpiece

6. noice's rating of the film Brain Damage

7. jonnyboy69's rating of the film Brain Damage

Wow. That was completely bat shit insane and I loved every second of it. I can't in a good conscience give this a full 5, because the acting was pretty horrible at times. But this is a fucked up symphony of B Movie weirdness, and I sure as hell got 5 stars of enjoyment out of it.

8. dave gunn's rating of the film Brain Damage

A delightfully cheesy monster horror about addiction with a talking blue slug turd and lots of hilarious practical effects. Watching a woman get her brains eaten during a forced deepthroat on Aylmer was pretty hysterical.

9. Pyle's rating of the film Brain Damage

It beats Frankenhooker but Basket Case tops this one.

10. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Brain Damage

"drugs" have never felt so intense; unfortunately not as existentially-realist scary as Basketcase. like the circumstances didn't as effectively conjure up one's most banal scary moments...so not quite the same level masterpiece

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Brain Damage

De similar fórmula de "Basket case". Un sujeto es servil de un monstruo-engendro, este cada vez está más fuera de control y comienza una carnicería en una ciudad sórdida. Un hotel como lugar de refugio. "Brain damage" es como una sátira sobre el mal efecto de las drogas. ¿Alguien se dió cuenta que hay un cameo de "Basket case"?

12. violisto's rating of the film Brain Damage

I can never see spaghetti with meatballs the same again

13. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Brain Damage

Henelotter is king of the oddball genre creature feature masher! Unique storytelling combined with trash spirit. It makes the little boy in me raise above!

14. Francesco Maria Carreri's rating of the film Brain Damage

15. Jon B's rating of the film Brain Damage

Unique and quite brilliant.