1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Brazil

2. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Brazil

3. patríciapinho's rating of the film Brazil

i'm feeling very anxious, distressed and confused. &terry gilliam is a dingleberry so i was somewhat biased to dislike this

4. João Martins's rating of the film Brazil

Terry Gilliam imagined a futuristic world that it's not very far from the one we are living now. It's a dystopian film that catch our endangered-ability to act upon a love and also getting consumed by technology (sometimes literally...!) All of these sci-fi fantasies guided by variations of the bossa nova classic song "Brazil" in the background. What more could one ask for to look at ourselves?

5. soymilky's rating of the film Brazil

I just could not care about this, even if I tried

6. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Brazil

7. Carlos Bonifácio's rating of the film Brazil

A subversão do final feliz funciona de forma sólida - ainda que previsível - numa sociedade tecnocrata que se rege pelo totalitarismo burocrático. Gilliam utiliza a fantasia num registo bem conhecido, o herói moderno que tenta fugir ao mundo industrial e que nessa tentativa tropeça no inevitável, a "perda da realidade" generalizada.

8. Luís F Matos's rating of the film Brazil

9. DenoResandono's rating of the film Brazil

Terry Gilliam's Brazil - maybe one of the movie that would have made Franz Kafka proud in his grave. The theme itself - so Kafkaesque. Brazil is a satire about bureaucracy, politics, and our society. The funny thing is - it is still relevant until now. Gilliam succeed to give a representation about dystopian life in the future. Brazil has stunning cinematography and decoration also has some unique characters in it...

10. Trunfos's rating of the film Brazil

11. Jenfior's rating of the film Brazil

Had the privilege to see actor Jonathan Pryce talk about this film last year in person. It was never intended to be a political film but it seems to resonate in a political way, now, more than ever. Brutally funny, depressing, yet full of hope. If you don't like Brit humor this may not be for you.Otherwise, it's required viewing.

12. Absentia's rating of the film Brazil

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Brazil

Incomparable chef-d'oeuvre d'invention et de passion, atteignant la perfection par la richesse de son scénario et la folle interprétation de ses principaux acteurs... www.cinefiches.com

14. ermete polpette's rating of the film Brazil

15. conchobar's rating of the film Brazil

16. sabrina's rating of the film Brazil

Subtly but also obviously critical take on excessive bureaucracy. Definitely a product of it's mid-eighties political milieu.

17. daniroelleb's rating of the film Brazil

18. EdieEmm's rating of the film Brazil

Gilliam's imagination, vomited onto a script. The real genius is in its realization. And I'm not sure there aren't projects worthier of those resources... Still, having put in more time than I'd like as a cog in the government machine, I feel it. Python does Kafka (w/ a dark twist on wish fulfilment). But.. Not really Orwellian; in fact no more dystopian than your average Western democracy.. (if just as nightmarish).

19. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film Brazil

una de las películas que mas me marco en la vida, muchas veces me senti igual que el protagonista y uno tiende a pensar que una mujer es la solución... uno siempre pasa por esos pensamientos por eso logra llegar a sus espectadores, además me agrada que sea con efectos de los ochenta, le da otro toque...

20. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Brazil

21. Alberto Marcello's rating of the film Brazil

22. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Brazil

23. Cielo Rojo's rating of the film Brazil

24. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Brazil

I might give this film less credit the next time I see it.