1. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Brazil

Gilliam's take on Orwell's dystopian future '1984' takes on a comedic but just as relatable teeth grinding frustration on bureaucracy regulations and paperwork stubbornness that everyone laughs at and hates simultaneously, at least for the first 2/3 of the film because the last 1/3 seems to stumble all over the place trying to think on how to end, it's the only part I find unmemorable on this twisted Orwellian vision

2. michal k's rating of the film Brazil

that irritating overblown generic uninspiring music (that would definitely cajole and flatter typical Anglo-Saxon viewer) kills all the joy in this one. Want something equally surreal and dystopian but much more ambitious and way-out at the same time? Check out P Szulkin's output right now !!

3. lesminho's rating of the film Brazil

4. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Brazil

5. Renton47's rating of the film Brazil

Wonderful construction, mostly rubbish script. It is almost entirely plotless, and worse, its error being to show that the status quo is virtually harmless and occasionally both fun and appealing. It stinks of Western individualisation at its most inflated - martyrdom for the emboldened knight and without a grain of self-critique that might save it. It's a shame its too inventive to dismiss...

6. ceknklsn's rating of the film Brazil

58/100 (İlk izlediğimde 85 civarıydı ama artık böyle bir şeyin olması imkansız. Uzun yorumumu aşağı bıraktım...)

7. Korial's rating of the film Brazil

I will only add: a man attacked by paperwork disappears

8. Louis Robert's rating of the film Brazil

The only thing that went wrong for me was the romance that was so out of no where. But the style is super dreamy and dystopian, and the way the story evolve is amazing!

9. redux's rating of the film Brazil

Brilliant is brilliant.

10. Lalizou's rating of the film Brazil

2.5 : still don't know if i love or hate this one

11. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Brazil

I would never have thought that the funniest depiction of a dystopian future could also be the most depressing... One of the best movies I've ever seen. Terry Gilliam is a mad genius!

12. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Brazil

I've tried twice and I didn't manage to see more than 30 minutes. Could be that I missed something. Could be that it's simply not my thing.

13. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Brazil

The best adaptation/reimagining/update of "1984" that has ever been done. The fact that Terry Gilliam went to war against Universal Studios so that we got to see his version and not a edited studio version with a tacked-on happy ending is to celebrated. A film full of fantastic visuals and I love this dark depressing future where people drown in bureaucracy and official papers something we get closer to ourselves.

14. Manon Estermann's rating of the film Brazil

15. PeterK94's rating of the film Brazil

My initial reaction to this film wasn’t stellar but it quickly grew on me the more I thought about it. I need to give it a rewatch sometime.

16. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Brazil

Analog-techno-retro-futurist goofiness that slowly unfurls to reveal a devastating howl of dystopian despair (while never stopping being funny). A stroke of genius casting Michael Palin as a genial torturer. I remember my parents had a real problem with the crass, almost gross-out humour and body horror, but it's more justified here than in 'Meaning of Life', surely! "'Ere I am, J.H. ...The ghost in the machine."

17. F/K's rating of the film Brazil

A film that combines everything i love yet it manages to carve an identity for itself, my favorite of all time

18. João R.'s rating of the film Brazil

It's very interesting indeed, which makes it quite an experience. However, I kept feeling that the parts of this world that were explored were not the ones I'd find most enjoyable to watch. Plus, the story was either engaging and loaded or dysfunctional and flat. It all gives this movie a great potential that never really shines or bothers.

19. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Brazil

20. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Brazil

21. patríciapinho's rating of the film Brazil

i'm feeling very anxious, distressed and confused. &terry gilliam is a dingleberry so i was somewhat biased to dislike this

22. João Martins's rating of the film Brazil

Terry Gilliam imagined a futuristic world that it's not very far from the one we are living now. It's a dystopian film that catch our endangered-ability to act upon a love and also getting consumed by technology (sometimes literally...!) All of these sci-fi fantasies guided by variations of the bossa nova classic song "Brazil" in the background. What more could one ask for to look at ourselves?

23. soymilky's rating of the film Brazil

I just could not care about this, even if I tried

24. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Brazil