1. redux's rating of the film Brazil

Brilliant is brilliant, no matter how obvious.

2. Lalizou's rating of the film Brazil

2.5 : still don't know if i love or hate this one

3. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Brazil

I would never have thought that the funniest depiction of a dystopian future could also be the most depressing... One of the best movies I've ever seen. Terry Gilliam is a mad genius!

4. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Brazil

I've tried twice and I didn't manage to see more than 30 minutes. Could be that I missed something. Could be that it's simply not my thing.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Brazil

The best adaptation/reimagining/update of "1984" that has ever been done. The fact that Terry Gilliam went to war against Universal Studios so that we got to see his version and not a edited studio version with a tacked-on happy ending is to celebrated. A film full of fantastic visuals and I love this dark depressing future where people drown in bureaucracy and official papers something we get closer to ourselves.

6. Manon Estermann's rating of the film Brazil

7. PeterK94's rating of the film Brazil

My initial reaction to this film wasn’t stellar but it quickly grew on me the more I thought about it. I need to give it a rewatch sometime.

8. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Brazil

Analog-techno-retro-futurist goofiness that slowly unfurls to reveal a devastating howl of dystopian despair (while never stopping being funny). A stroke of genius casting Michael Palin as a genial torturer. I remember my parents had a real problem with the crass, almost gross-out humour and body horror, but it's more justified here than in 'Meaning of Life', surely! "'Ere I am, J.H. ...The ghost in the machine."

9. F/K's rating of the film Brazil

A film that combines everything i love yet it manages to carve an identity for itself, my favorite of all time

10. João R's rating of the film Brazil

It's very interesting indeed, which makes it quite an experience. However, I kept feeling that the parts of this world that were explored were not the ones I'd find most enjoyable to watch. Plus, the story was either engaging and loaded or dysfunctional and flat. It all gives this movie a great potential that never really shines or bothers.

11. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Brazil

12. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Brazil

13. patríciapinho's rating of the film Brazil

i'm feeling very anxious, distressed and confused. &terry gilliam is a dingleberry so i was somewhat biased to dislike this

14. João Martins's rating of the film Brazil

Terry Gilliam imagined a futuristic world that it's not very far from the one we are living now. It's a dystopian film that catch our endangered-ability to act upon a love and also getting consumed by technology (sometimes literally...!) All of these sci-fi fantasies guided by variations of the bossa nova classic song "Brazil" in the background. What more could one ask for to look at ourselves?

15. soymilky's rating of the film Brazil

I just could not care about this, even if I tried

16. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Brazil

17. Carlos Bonifácio's rating of the film Brazil

A subversão do final feliz funciona de forma sólida - ainda que previsível - numa sociedade tecnocrata que se rege pelo totalitarismo burocrático. Gilliam utiliza a fantasia num registo bem conhecido, o herói moderno que tenta fugir ao mundo industrial e que nessa tentativa tropeça no inevitável, a "perda da realidade" generalizada.

18. luís debonoir's rating of the film Brazil

19. DenoResandono's rating of the film Brazil

Terry Gilliam's Brazil - maybe one of the movie that would have made Franz Kafka proud in his grave. The theme itself - so Kafkaesque. Brazil is a satire about bureaucracy, politics, and our society. The funny thing is - it is still relevant until now. Gilliam succeed to give a representation about dystopian life in the future. Brazil has stunning cinematography and decoration also has some unique characters in it...

20. Trunfos's rating of the film Brazil

21. Jenfior's rating of the film Brazil

Had the privilege to see actor Jonathan Pryce talk about this film last year in person. It was never intended to be a political film but it seems to resonate in a political way, now, more than ever. Brutally funny, depressing, yet full of hope. If you don't like Brit humor this may not be for you.Otherwise, it's required viewing.

22. Absentia's rating of the film Brazil

23. FISCHER's rating of the film Brazil

Incomparable chef-d'oeuvre d'invention et de passion, atteignant la perfection par la richesse de son scénario et la folle interprétation de ses principaux acteurs... www.cinefiches.com

24. ermete polpette's rating of the film Brazil