1. Marianne's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

This film is so egocentric.

2. Maegan Targaryen's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

I connected with the film, perhaps because I was going through a similar situation when I watched it (knowing the relationship had dwindled but both too naive to commit to breaking up). I am skeptical as to whether I would have connected with it otherwise... but it's definitely not worth a revisit. Most of the acting was flat but it held my attention nonetheless. 3/4's of the way in you just want it to be over.

3. kacey's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

It's an interesting premise, whose execution doesn't live up to it in some ways.

4. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

The premise was interesting but I didn't really enjoy this movie as I was annoyed by both of the leads and didn't really care about the fate of their "experiment". Also, there were more than a few moments where the scene pacing fell apart, the seder dinner scene comes to mind.

5. Amelia York's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

yeah, it was a bit obnoxious and elitist, but i thought it was surprisingly genuine.

6. Rodrigo's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

"... but don't think twice, it's all right" ♫

7. PROKOSCH's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

Not altogether able to evade its own trying-too-hard-ness, but enough true moments and sarcastic humour in this to make it immensely endearing. Agreed on the parents perhaps getting a bit too much screentime, though -- Wein's character in particular comes off becoming primarily defined through his mother and father, although maybe that's the point.

8. Matthew Dekneef's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

Both sets of parents got too much on-screen real estate. Started to feel more about the couple's co-dependency with them than about each other. Cute music. Cute Netflix queue quip. Cute Olivia Thirlby.

9. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

Just no. Not even Olivia Thirlby could save this.

10. Cody Kennedy's rating of the film Breaking Upwards

In trying to fictionalize, and therefore unnecessarily construct too big a chunk of their own lives, Daryl and Zoe seem to spend more time tacking up the edges of their intended vision than actually living it. However, the film is often miraculous in its subtler scenes, that unfortunately happen too little and too late.