1. telemarketer's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

People will probably tell you that M*A*S*H or McCabe & Mrs. Miller were the movies which started Altman's career but I say it starts right here. A goofy but good movie that contains many of the director's hallmarks in his early and formative years as a filmmaker. It's even better if you're like me and have a huge crush on Shelley Duvall.

2. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

I can see core of the rebel in Altman with this film.

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Oeuvre fort curieuse où la part de l'absurde la dispute à celle de la poésie. Une des réalisations préférées des admirateurs du cinéaste qui laisse un souvenir guère volatil... www.cinefiches.com

5. Ghostman's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

One of the strangest Hollywood films ever made. A great joy to behold in all of its nutty glory.

6. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

It speaks to the contrariness of Robert Altman that after hitting it big with MASH (after more than a decade of hacking away at Hollywood) he chose to follow it up with a film designed to confuse at least half that movie's fans. The result is tough to describe—the closest I can come is "Dr. Seuss writes a crime serial for Mad Magazine"—but undeniably some kind of joy, carefully constructed and utterly whacked-out.

7. Ethan's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Altman amps up the silliness in this hilarious followup to MASH. Before Harold fell in love with Maude he learned to fly in this insane film that also pokes fun of Bullitt and showcases the Houston Astro Dome. This gem also marks when Altman discovered Shelley Duvall.

8. Stevie's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Basically everything I love about Altman is in full flow in this weird, idiosyncratic film. The car chase sequence is fantastic, easily my favourite car chase depicted on screen. Stacy Keach is totally unrecognisable and completely unforgettable. Altman's 70's run is perhaps the greatest run in cinema history (in my humble opinion of course).

9. SoulBrotherNo1's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

9.5/10 - I have no idea whatsoever what I just watched, but one thing I know for sure is that I loved every minute of it. Waldo builds wings for himself, while protected by his beautiful guardian angel, but at the same time people get killed by a mysterious strangler and a weird bird-man narrates everything? I dont even....

10. Muraki's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

really enjoyable..a movie about a group of people who all connected with a teenager who's trying to build a pair of wings to fly away.

11. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

What I will always love about this film is how unexpectedly funny the damn thing is.

12. Droog811's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Altman's follow up after MASH is a an oddball murder-mystery comedy about Brewster McCloud (Bud Cort) who lives in the Houston Astrodome and wants to literally fly like a bird...at any cost...has some good moments but not one of Altman's better films...

13. James Specht's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Considering it's Bud Court dressed as Waldo, hanging out with Shelly Duval, and spending his time trying to make a pair of wings, you'd think this movie would be Twee as fuck. It's surprisingly dark! Very dark!

14. Cathy Heard's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Really wanted it to be better, but it's still good. Not my favorite Altman but still lots to like here. Definitely an interesting choice to follow the massive success of M*A*S*H.

15. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

16. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

:))))))) so perfect, bud cort is an angel

17. El Biffo's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

I loved it when I was 8 and I still love it. Gets better every with every viewing.

18. Dov Kornits's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Saw it for the first time the other day. Thought it was all set in Astrodome, but realised that it's all about people getting killed by bird poo. Loved the self-referential beginning. Silly like Beyond Therapy but so much better, I'd imagine because of Altman's youthful intelligence

19. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

More off beat Genius from director Robert Altman

20. christopherjohn's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Brewster McCloud is kinda like the missing link for those that love Nashville and Popeye equally. And whats the deal with the Where's Waldo? creator ripping off this movie??

21. Mattia 5's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

This is my Altman favourite film!

22. harrycaul's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

If I must have Bud Cort as a leading man - and I'm not entirely convinced I must - I'll take this over Harold & Maude any day :P

23. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

Altman sure picked the strangest followup he could after a critical and commercial success such as MASH with this curio. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/10/houston-we-have-problem.html

24. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Brewster McCloud

One of Robert Altman's strangest and best works. A bizarre story that's difficult to describe, and would seem to be even more difficult to make all its disparate elements work. But Altman somehow manages to blend it all together into a breezy, wholly original flight of comic fancy headlined by a great offbeat cast. A classic that deserves to be better known.