1. Arunn's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Always nice to watch the original. And as expected, all of the derivatives pales in comparison with the original. An enjoyable comedy.

2. katerpink's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Unfortunately I do not really get the sense of humour in movies from this era. But I liked the acting and costumes.

3. msmichel's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Amusing wartime comedy that breezes by quickly. Remade some 40 years later as a Richard Pryor vehicle.

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Throws it around like she was spraying a garden.

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

The film feels quite shockingly dated at first, but I gave it a chance, and I'm glad I did so. It requires a couple of minutes to adjust and tune in to the war propaganda of WW2, dialogues, and the cheesy humour. What at first strikes you as naive and old-fashioned quickly becomes charmingly adorable ;-) The cinematography is solid, and so is acting. Nothing groundbreaking here, but it's worth watching, I'd say.

6. Pedro's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

7. kpuljek's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

8. guillermo's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Sparkling light comedy. Beatiful Helen Walker. Speed jokes for war times.

9. Epinephrin's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

I gave up after almost 40 minutes. This was too loud, a too agitated comedy where actually I didn't laugh at all. I like films from that period of time, I like the way the women used to be, used to get their hairs done. But this film was too much for me. When I pressed pause, i thought for myself - oh, now it is quiet. Enjoy it.

10. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

A screwball satire on the folly of fortunes, and the unflinchable certainty of capitalism. You just can't give money away without it coming back at you two-fold.

11. Le temps perdu's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

What would Pikkety think of this movie?

12. Lingam's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

13. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

14. caitlin.f's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

15. greyladycine's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Energetic, fast-paced, a dizzy delight.

16. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

A brisk, snappy screwball about— what else? Money.

17. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

A manner(less) comedy based on the painfully hilarious truth that it takes money to make money. Thing is, it might be a little too painful for some - taking an extra step beyond vicariousness. It cares just a little too much, not embracing the wink-and-nudge frivolity that makes for the best screwballs. So the tension at the end works even if its humor sometimes doesn't.

18. T Mills's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

An enjoyable but repetitive film tonally. There's not a whole lot going on here beyond some funny situations and the lead is flat.

19. Landen Celano's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Can only imagine how this would've turned out with screwball pros like Cary Grant and Hepburn, but still a lot of fun. Eddie Anderson is particularly hilarious.

20. jamesey's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Four stars for Dennis O'Keefe's great performance. He spirals into nuttiness and made me laugh my ass off.

21. Caden M's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

It works. Brewster's Millions by no means dazzles, but it never gives the impression that it is trying to either. The scale of the film meshes well with the performances given and there are certainly laughs to be had. Dennis O'Keefe as Montague Brewster does all that is asked and maybe even a little more in the rather long takes the film employs. He's the cherry on top of a delightful treat.

22. SpacePirate's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Excellent fast paced little comedy here. Felt a bit like a Carole Lombard film at times. Had only seen the lead in a few other films, like the noir Woman on the Run. Was nice to see him in a comedic role. Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson also gave a nice supporting performance, although Cabin In The Sky will probably always be his best moment.

23. Theodore Warner's rating of the film Brewster's Millions

Delightful. One has to appreciate the simplicity of storytelling from yesteryear.

24. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Brewster's Millions