1. msmichel's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

A worthy sequel that can be summed up by its marketing slogan 'the monster demands a mate'. While it lacks the pathos of the original and does get silly at times (Ernest Thesiger's performance and character) it does provide some classic horror moments and a brief but iconic turn by Elsa Lanchester. 'To a new world of gods and monsters!'

2. Polyglot's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

If two undead monsters can't fall in love, what hope do I have? :/

3. pluviosity's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

more like a cashing milk from the first movie. Badly edited, of course. But Doctor Pretorious' tiny people were super astounding, a special effect waaay decades its time.

4. Peter Tran's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

5. James Mackin's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

Definitely needed more of the Bride, but it was enjoyable enough.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

3.4 The true Horror of this Classic Horror film is the horrible acting! The glory of it, however, is the amazing set design. They say this is the best of the Frankenstein films. I think that the best has got to be Young Frankenstein but that film seems to be largely a spoof of and inspired by this one more than any of the others. Perhaps Young Frankenstein would not exist if it weren't for Bride of Frankenstein?

7. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

Bursting with boldness and creativity, I fully understand why people believe this sequel surpasses the original. While I don't think it succeeds at everything it attempts (some of the humor really kills the mood), the successes are far more resounding than the shortcomings. The story is emotionally satisfying, the technical qualities are exceptional, and Karloff somehow outdoes his performance from the first film.

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

Rewatched and re-loved. This film is a masterpiece and I really love it, even more than the first film. Frankenstein was one of my first favorite books: yes, the story breaks my heart. And don't forget it...Halloween is coming.

9. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

Widely regarded the best of the Universal monster movies, and I can see why. I haven’t seen the movies predecessor in quite a while, but I have seen Dracula and The Wolf Man fairly recently (both provoking much nostalgia from my early childhood monster phase), and while those films are closer to me, I understand that this is probably the better. That doesn’t make it great or anything, just, you know, pretty good.

10. John Matrix's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

I haven't experienced this much raw pleasure from a film in a while. The set/costume design is excellent. Thesiger & Clive compete for the most iconic-looking mad scientist. Overall BRIDE is more visually & emotionally interesting than the 1st film. Particularly fascinating is all the Christ symbolism surrounding Karloff's monster. It felt like Whale was inviting his Christian audience to do a little soul searching.

11. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

People say this is better than the original. I completely disagree and side with the director here who didnt want to do a sequel even though the bosses were clamoring for one. As far as sequels go, its def one of the best, and unequivocally the best of all the Universal monster sequels. For me though, the original is a solid 4-4.5 stars, this one maybe 3.5 if Im feeling generous, which I am today. 3.5 stars

13. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

2-3. Adapts some important parts of the book, has relatively tighter plotting in its endgame, and, most importantly, gives Frankenstein's monster some much-needed visual and auditory emotional cognizance. Not bad, all things considered.

14. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

15. Rocco's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

This is the the quintessential classic Universal horror film. It also happens to be (along with The Invisible Man, also by James Whale) the most entertaining of the bunch. The effete Dr. Pretorious playing nagging wife to the impotent Henry Frankenstein and the general campiness of the goings on gives the film a culty, gay edge. This is the film that inspired Rocky Horror and led to the creation of comedic horror.

16. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

17. Luis Pires's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

I just wish the Bride had more screen time!

18. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

19. smndvdcl's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

Superior to the 1931 film, however much of a detour it is from Shelley's classic novel. It perfectly plays up the 'What If?' Card regarding the Monster having a companion. This film is a profound exploration of gender politics. No adaptation of the novel has yet surpassed this. PS. Karloff is still the quintessential Monster.

20. Xiu's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

21. Mic in Port's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

From the opening with Percy Shelley, Byron, and Mary Shelley, to the near-existential ending, this is a sequel every bit better than its predecessor, and the climax of James Whale's horror films. Picks up right where the last one left off, but has such a drastically different tone and feel to it; a delightfully earnest film that may surprise you with its accessibility and low-key beauty.

22. yeraline's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

this seems like a very intersting movie and i hope it lives for aneternity fir many others to enjoy just like i am

23. Ian Vorley's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

What was with those tiny, freaky people in the bell jars?! Did I miss something or did that have nothing to do with anything? Unbelievable SFX though. And by unbelievable I mean unbelievably believable!

24. Trevor's rating of the film Bride of Frankenstein

Gleefully bizzare and stunningly modern, this is the benchmark of Universal's horror cycle of the 1930s, with kink and humor to spare.