1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

A game, if pointless, attempt to reheat something that was perfectly captured 25 years previously in the Granada TV version. Everyone tries hard but it lacks the languorous and melancholic air of its predecessor and resolutely remains dwarfed in its shadow.

2. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

3.5/5. Ben Whishaw outshines even the Brideshead estate, let alone his poor co-stars. That said, 90% of the budget went to lighting Matthew Goode immaculately in every single scene - is that something to complain about?

3. Minna's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

there are some beautiful visuals/~aesthetics~, and I love love love Ben Whishaw, but compared to the book and the tv adaptation this is sadly lacking

4. Shoham L's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

Not at all true to the novel, but worth the watch just for Whishaw's performance.

5. aikeart's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

Bonito ver a Ben Whishaw en un rol como su yo en la vida real. Bella Inglaterra, grandes frases y críticas al catolicismo.

6. Marina C.'s rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

Despite Ben Whishaw, the amazing clothes and photography, I could barely bear to watch the rest of the film after Sebastian disappeared. The books wins, for sure, in portraying Charles' guilt and how everything fell apart after Sebastian. The film deserved more depth.

7. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

this film ended for me when Ben Whishaw's character disappeared.poor sebastian.

8. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

Three stars for Ben Whishaw and Emma Thompson. Matthew Goode is lacking in charisma.

9. Elvia Francis's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

Ben Whishaw's character, Lord Sebastian Flyte, (in the film) is the one whom I could most relate to! I absolutely adore the fashions of the film, the style of the era, the actors within the film, and the beauty of the sceneries + story. It's an overall favorite film of mine... I have yet to read the book.

10. Andrés Pff's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

11. Minousch's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

Despite an excellent cast, it felt like The Great Gatsby transferred to Britain. A pity I cannot relate to that one either.

12. C.B.L.S's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

I so badly wanted to love this film, but I just couldn't and aside from Ben Whishaw's inspired turn there is nothing noteworthy in this mess of an adaptation.

13. brideshead's rating of the film Brideshead Revisited

The movie has absolutely nothing to do with the book, but its interesting in its own right and the costumes and sets are great.