1. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Brief Encounter

Such a progressive take on the emotional world of a person and what are the ethics of commitment. Asks fantastic questions and lets us know the only answers are ones that leave us sacrificing something

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Brief Encounter

3. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Brief Encounter

4. August Boulder's rating of the film Brief Encounter

A good Romantic film with Rachmaninoff's 2nd as soundtrack. For those seeking more Romantic film from this era I would also recommend Vincente Minnelli's Undercurrent, Powell & Pressburger's Red Shoes, Jacques Tourneur's Out of the Past, and George Cukor's Holiday. :)

5. nyyssonen's rating of the film Brief Encounter

6. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Brief Encounter

I actually enjoy David Lean's romance pieces more than his epic ones

7. bitterMoo's rating of the film Brief Encounter

8. inquisita's rating of the film Brief Encounter

9. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Brief Encounter

10. agostinellips's rating of the film Brief Encounter

11. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Brief Encounter

Married couple drama's, when done right at least can be immensely existentially gripping drama's where the characters are chained by an almost unseen bondage emanating from society.

12. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Brief Encounter

3-4. It is, indeed, a very intimate gem. I would only maybe dock it points on the love interest not being as distinct, personality-wise, as the heroine, but I completely believe in the emotional atmosphere of it; especially the wonderful way it's blended with the flickering romantic vision of cinema illustrated by the train, its motion, and its steam. A very intimate 'Man vs self' story, overall.

13. Francisco's rating of the film Brief Encounter

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Brief Encounter

9.0/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3ic "BRIEF ENCOUNTER has surmounted itself at the apogee of film romanticism ever since its genesis."

15. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Brief Encounter

One of the most devastating unfulfilled romance movies that has been made filled with strong moral themes and symbolism. Without a single kiss it have more emotion and love poured into it than any other romantic film made. Memory to a time when it was possible to meet a stranger, like him and not f**k him/her totally bonkers in a moment of passion. It is still more timeless than any romance movie I have ever seen.

16. Teona Gal's rating of the film Brief Encounter

17. Rafael Simões's rating of the film Brief Encounter

18. Chearth's rating of the film Brief Encounter

19. jewelsofglory's rating of the film Brief Encounter

A searing knife cuts down the middle of my heart. Devasating.

20. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Brief Encounter

Not really what I usually go for, but unexpectedly this film was just right. I didn't care so much for the story, but the characters were enjoyable, the script was strong and the directing was stellar. It just worked.

21. samuele90's rating of the film Brief Encounter

22. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Brief Encounter

I would say that this is the most beautiful and heartbreaking love story I have ever seen on the screen. It doesn't create emotion by being grandiose, manipulative or exploitative; rather, it's the craft and intimacy of Lean's direction, the depth and honesty of Coward's writing, and the purity and nuance of the leads' performances that give it a genuine power. The more I see it, the more real it becomes.

23. Lucia0550's rating of the film Brief Encounter

24. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film Brief Encounter

Five stars? Well, for me that´s not enough