1. yulyasemenova's rating of the film Bright Star

Amazing story, amazing film

2. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Bright Star

_ And so live ever--or else swoon to death.

3. hemachandra's rating of the film Bright Star

4. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Bright Star

"Am I in love? Is this love? I shall never tease about it again. So sore i believe i could die of it."

5. marco's rating of the film Bright Star

6. Machupi's rating of the film Bright Star

Every scene is a real masterpiece, seems like you're watching a moving painting of Renoir or Monet

7. boughtabride's rating of the film Bright Star

it's such a gut-wrenching lovestory and i love campion. i cried a little (couldn't cry much back then) when i first saw it. the subtle glints of autonomy and feminism that campion tries to sprinkle in are very much her. the beautiful writing of keats that display the excess love is what pulls me in every time. the acting by everyone but i am enraptured in this love story that i never finish the end when i re-watch.

8. Onbestendig's rating of the film Bright Star

9. pintobean's rating of the film Bright Star

So delicate, so beautiful. Ben Whishaw and Abbie Cornish were perfectly cast!

10. Risya's rating of the film Bright Star

Obvious tear-jerker , but I can't resist Ben Whishaw.

11. ioanabogdana's rating of the film Bright Star

12. Elina E's rating of the film Bright Star

So incredibly passionate and beautiful. This is such a visual film, the lighting, cinematography - all stunning. Perfectly portrays Romantic ideals and seamlessly ties in Keats' poetry. Campion is so subtle yet effective with every detail.

13. Karthik's rating of the film Bright Star

Image: restrained lyricism: “Production of emotion determined by a resistance to emotion” (Bresson), i.e. a Protestant aesthetic. Sound: encompassing but *resolutely* sensual (the calculated dry susurrus of hand brushing reeds) The Keatsian quest: An invitation to emotion by suspension (Aufhebung) of resistance: an “easeful Death”, negative capability, sensual (CONTD in comments)

14. Joyce Hueting's rating of the film Bright Star

bah, giusto se volete un po' di poesia, ma niente di che

15. anja_hvidsten@live.no's rating of the film Bright Star

16. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Bright Star

17. fleur de chair's rating of the film Bright Star

I doubt Jane Campion will ever top The Piano, but I was surprised how affected I was by this film. I did some very unexpected Ugly Crying.

18. galuh indri's rating of the film Bright Star

"The point of diving into a lake is not immediately to swim to the shore but to be in the lake, to luxuriate in the sensation of water. You do not work the lake out, it is an experience beyond thought. Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept the mystery."

19. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Bright Star

3.5 You might not care too much at first but the movie creeps on you and before you know it, your heart has sunk and you're sobbing quietly.

20. Marv1n's rating of the film Bright Star

3,5; un visuel ouf mais une intrigue en dents de scie

21. goverselle's rating of the film Bright Star

22. jjekim's rating of the film Bright Star

About the poet John Keats. One gets to listen to a a lot of poetry recited by the two main actors. Strong support also, especially from "Toots".

23. camille's rating of the film Bright Star

24. Rosa's rating of the film Bright Star

Shot most beautifully. Still in the end the excruciating love story remains tiresome. The best parts are with the red-haired little girl's wander. Recommended to watch when you are not in a nimble state of mind and just want to dwell in beautiful scenery.

← Previous 1 3 4