1. Balthaz21's rating of the film Brighton Rock

2. Blue Roses's rating of the film Brighton Rock

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Brighton Rock

I just love Graham Greene stories, so perhaps I am biased in my review. This is a great little British noir with a fine early performance by Attenborough. This is one Greene novel I havent read, but I heard the ending was changed. Still a good film, even with alterations to the source material.

4. Arcanus's rating of the film Brighton Rock

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Brighton Rock

A Freudian story with a 17 years old bad boy who kills his substitute father, his older pal Spicer and is chased by his substitute mother, artist/hooker Ida Arnold. It's a film noir without shadows, a flat movie. Recommended though because it's a rare pleasure to rediscover Brighton in the year 1947.

6. Kristian Ramsden's rating of the film Brighton Rock

Attenborough is particularl good as Brown.

7. Lightintodark's rating of the film Brighton Rock

Pinkie Brown: [on the record he made earlier] You wanted a recording of my voice, well here it is. What you want me to say is 'I love you'...

8. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Brighton Rock

Enjoyable slice of English film noir.

9. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Brighton Rock

Great finale with a dark humour.

10. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Brighton Rock

British noir with arresting and moody visuals and well drawn characters, namely a young and fierce Richard Attenborough.

11. Jason Callen's rating of the film Brighton Rock

Very good adaptation of a pretty damn good book. Attenborough's Pinkie Brown is as cold as movie villains come. I'd give it five stars but I thought it left unresolved a lot of the homosexual subtext that it built throughout the first 2/3 of the film

12. Roslyn's rating of the film Brighton Rock

I'd say that this is quintessential English noir - great stuff!

13. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Brighton Rock

Periodic strong segments and some good performances still don't bring this film as a whole above a mid-level production. Worth watching, but only occasionally riveting. Very interesting to see the young Richard Attenborough as the gangster Pinkie Brown. I think Johnny Depp might have modeled some of his performances at least partly on Pinkie Brown.

14. Samantha Kate's rating of the film Brighton Rock

I didn't like that the ending was changed, but otherwise a great adaptation with solid performances.

15. ecstatic truth's rating of the film Brighton Rock

Great ending. Attenborough is thrillingly creepy.