1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

It's, at times, super funny, which goes a long way with me! It's cornball, but it also has a dose of that Marx Brothers anarchy that stops it from feeling gooey or sentimental. Also... it's... kind of... sexy?

2. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

Remember switching on the tv as a teenager to accidentally catch the second half of this film and will never forget how transfixed I was at the chaotic energy, the humour and the sophisticated sexual sparks - it opened up a whole new world of cinema I had never encountered. Issues with the remorseless frenetic energy and lack of tonal balance aside, I will always treasure this as an experience of sweet sweet anarchy.

3. teresa romã's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

I just can't with Katherine Hepburn's voice in this.

4. ap's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

5. kartina obskura's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

take the leopard to aunt, they said, it'll be fun, they said.

6. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

I think the comic set pieces are abjectly constructed very well, but I can't really say I feel any kind of personal emotional connection to this one. I think Hepburn and Grant both do fine jobs, though it's hard to say I think their characters make a working couple. One of the more interesting facets is that this film appears to be the proving ground for the 'Manic Pixie Dream Girl' archetype/dynamic.

7. Matthew Floyd's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

Pauline Kael once wrote that this film was the closest that screwball comedy got to a Restoration comedy, but with all its absurdly delightful zaniness and fast-paced nonsensical thrills, Bringing Up Baby also deserves to be described as the most Seussian of all American comedies. It also doesn't hurt that Katherine Hepburn gives one of her all-time best performances in this film as Susan Vance.

8. el.'s rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

the very definition of a good screenplay and excellent acting ruined by such horrible characters. can't accept this as comedy, the irritation was surreal.

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

10. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

11. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

Katharine Hepburn otentik sekali kekocakannya!

12. le Gars's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

Une époustouflante comédie américaine, où les situations burlesques s'enchaînent et se déchaînent avec un naturel confondant et une simplicité consternante, entretenues par quelques savoureux gags qui à défaut d'être forcément originaux, ont l'incontestable mérite de se présenter avec une rigoureuse pertinence et une confondante évidence. www.cinefiches.com

14. nessmj's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

incredibly lovely. Hepburn in a constant state of upbeat absurd vocal delivery, she is an absolute joy to watch.

15. dianadhm's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

One big, flaky curveball this movie is. Flaky characters, flaky plot, flaky acting; plus witty, fast-paced dialogue; ahead of its time in terms of comedy.

16. elisavegue's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

17. Maudealan's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

"The point is I have a leopard. The question is, What am I gonna do with it?" REWATCHED AND RE-LOVED. I could watch this masterpiece a billion of times. Katharine Hepburn, that woman, that muse. One of my favorites films of all time.

19. mlstrx's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

20. Aardsy's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

That went off the rails.

21. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

22. João Rocha's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

Silly and classic... a great comedy with amazing performances and a storyline sooo fucking caohtic, that makes impossible not loving it. "How can all these things happen to just one person?"

23. Ethan's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

The screwball comedies to end all screwball comedies. Hawks later remade this film as Man's Favorite Sport but this one is far superior.

24. Love Walked In's rating of the film Bringing Up Baby

Their IQ is so high although what they do in this film is just yelling and running.

← Previous 1 3 4