1. 'king Harold's rating of the film British Sounds

Unions now more or less non existent the gig economy /people working longer hours for less. Workers in a car plant discussing socialism and communism in the same breath little did they know how f*****d we all came to be and how that language would be driven out of people’s mouths.

2. Shane Ewen's rating of the film British Sounds

As important in 2018 as it was in 1970, so I showed my 4-month old. He liked the sounds of the car manufacturing plant, so clearly has class consciousness already.

3. Richmond Hill's rating of the film British Sounds

Typical Godardian grit in the salad with the expected shards of dissonant provocation and agit prop, be they political or stylistic. One gets the gist in the first ten minutes - although the car assembly-line footage is rather mesmeric - with the remainder almost a parody of these things. However the wannabe student protestors are suitably sent-up.

4. John Tuohy's rating of the film British Sounds

I watched it to the end! Good stoner video.

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film British Sounds

3.4 stars. Showing this to my students for a class on Marxism I found this far less interminable than I remembered it! It demands active engagement - in fact, I'd say it's only as useful as the debate surrounding it. Laudably, when watched alongside 'Breathless', it impresses how much Godard's gender politics had developed within a decade. Tracking shot of the auto factory vs. traffic jam in 'Weekend' ~dialectics.

6. Rafal Poplawski's rating of the film British Sounds

Movie about reality of capitalism and sadly, destiny of working class and its exploit. Surprisingly this movie was made in 1970, but could be made now ... concepts never change.

7. Christian Flemm's rating of the film British Sounds

With all of the posturing and didacticism, you'd think Godard might be a bit more self-aware of how silly something like the People's Poster Brigade appears, set against the opening tracking shot. Or maybe he is self-aware, and the irony is supposed to be realized; but alas I remain unconvinced, mostly due to a sequence that a person more generous than I would call a misfire of an attempt at a proto-feminist cinema.

8. Kevin's rating of the film British Sounds

If “A Film Like Any Other” bored, “British Sounds” does not. The movie feels more relevant today than then. Forced competition for capital drives the cost of living higher, breaking society down, daily exposed in mass killings, opiate and other drug epidemics, and a reduced level of education electing (by not voting) oppressors who cannot lead.

9. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film British Sounds

Excellent! If they had been a bit more successful, maybe we wouldn't be living with such class division, poverty and austerity now. ~The origins of I, Daniel Blake. Fucking Tory toff politicians. Although Tony Blair didn't help much. Vive la revolution! Liberte, fraternite, egalite!

10. Shawn Schroeder's rating of the film British Sounds

Interesting seeing the rather crude production of MG Midgets. The narration is muffled against the continuous sound of air tools at work, of which I am grateful; for it’s socialist rhetoric bunk. We the body politic are not for wanting in mobility, communications, or technology (as I type this on the universally available and cheap IPad). Capitalism has blurred the lines of have and have nots.

11. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film British Sounds

12. Balthaz21's rating of the film British Sounds

13. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film British Sounds

As relevant now as it was when it came out!