1. Several Giraffes's rating of the film Broadcast News

2. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Broadcast News

3. Michael Peer's rating of the film Broadcast News

This is a wonderful, hilarious, poignant comedy that balances tones in a style unseen today. A true artifact of 1987 and cinema of the 80s, Broadcast News deserves it's reputation. The cast is universally excellent - Holly Hunter has never been better ever. She should have won Best Actress over Cher - no question. The cold open that introduces our three main leads is marvelous and perfectly captures each character.

4. Log Lady's rating of the film Broadcast News

2.5 stars. Despite its applaud-worthy result, the love triangle aspect is painfully clichéd and dull (not to mention that I found Brooks's character insufferable). I wish there had been more room for examining the unethicality of sensationalist journalism. As such, Broadcast News balances between a romantic comedy and a biting drama about the media, failing miserably in both. That said, it was fairly entertaining.

5. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Broadcast News

6. Blue Roses's rating of the film Broadcast News

7. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Broadcast News

One of the best written movies there is. The conversations are as authentic and real as real life conversations while on top of that manages to be clever and on the mark. Great movie about relationships in and out of the job world. The actors portray their characters with incredible depth. Everybody says one thing, but means another. It goes to show it's how you use your words is what truly matters.

8. mlstrx's rating of the film Broadcast News

9. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film Broadcast News

10. Bryan Hickman's rating of the film Broadcast News

Maybe Michael Ballhaus's best work?

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film Broadcast News

I love Albert Brooks. The academy showered this one with noms, and for good reason for a change. Good film poking fun at journalism, but others have done so better (His Girl Friday, Network). For me, this movie is more of a character story than those however and makes it unique. Nicholson has a nice little role as well. 4.5 stars

12. Thomas's rating of the film Broadcast News

The strong ensemble cast keep this from being an otherwise ungratifying satire.

13. Janae's rating of the film Broadcast News

Hmmm, Albert Brooks or William Hurt? William Hurt or Albert Brooks? Ummm Albert Brooks.

14. daftnymph's rating of the film Broadcast News

what a relief to watch a well directed, genuinely feel good film

15. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Broadcast News

Three flawed, beautiful, intelligent characters who have their reasons. People don't talk like this to each other in movies anymore – for those who attempt it we get sub-Woody Allen Manhattanite talk from the adverb-spewing likes of Whit Stillman, or sub-Wes Anderson quirk-talk emulating modern Chekhov or some shit. This has to be the best-paced film I've ever seen, filled with wisdom and pathos.

16. JD Tastad's rating of the film Broadcast News

17. DaisyJ's rating of the film Broadcast News

Good script and performances. They don't really make movies like these anymore, sadly.

18. flamingo jones's rating of the film Broadcast News

About an hour too long, way too cutesy and punishingly dull thanks to a thin story that dabbles between a cliché love triangle scenario and a completely childish portrayal of the journalism industry. Not sure why this film received so many accolades, but Hurt deserves none for this role and was the weakest member of an unimpressive cast. BUT: was pleased that Hunter's female lead ended up choosing career over men.

19. mjgildea's rating of the film Broadcast News

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. All the 80s-ness of Broadcast News was too much for me (the score was putrid and is the elevator music in hell) but when it was funny it was really funny, namely any scene with the underrated Albert Brooks. Jack Nicholson was a nice surprise but beyond that my life isn't any more fulfilled for seeing this movie.

20. rynmcgnns's rating of the film Broadcast News

Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.

21. AxelUmog's rating of the film Broadcast News

I could do without the "years later", but Holly Hunter turns in one of the top 5 female performances ever captured on camera, so that's a plus.

22. orangey's rating of the film Broadcast News

a cheesy, stereotypical 80's comedy bursting with cliches of the time. why is this in the criterion collection ? why dammit !

23. Ghostman's rating of the film Broadcast News

a great great great movie, love it so much.

24. Florence's rating of the film Broadcast News

just read a hint from l. dunham on this movie so to watch this woman played by great holly hunter. and she is in fact...great!