1. IKB 191's rating of the film Broken Flowers

2. mis marg's rating of the film Broken Flowers

3.5 Er so ..? Love the soundtrack; though I didn't feel the movie story was finished.......

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Broken Flowers

It might not be very subtle but I still love this Jim Jarmusch film that shows an elderly bachelor (Bill Murray) being prompted to revisit his past lovers (Sharon Stone, Frances Conroy, Jessica Lange, and Tilda Swinton) after receiving an anonymous letter that informs him that he is a father. Jeffrey Wright is also wonderful as the friend of the main character who enjoys playing detective.

4. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Americana in it's full loneliness.

5. jsax's rating of the film Broken Flowers

6. Nicolas Pierce's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Enjoyable little Jarmusch joint, with a killer ending. Only Bill Murray could make eating a forkful of carrot funny.

7. jurism's rating of the film Broken Flowers

2.5 Murray plays his character very credibly but.. sorry, his relationship with his neighbors, I just don't buy it.

8. Ross's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Bill Murray. How I love your face. Is there anything it can’t do?

9. Madoc's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Who says Americans don't do subtle. Definitely a mans view of the world but some genuine laugh out loud moments. Bill Murray is superb even when he appears to be doing nothing. Perhaps especially when he appears to be doing nothing. Hardly a line that didn't tempt us into looking for meaning rather than drive the plot. An intelligent and quietly funny film where the humour comes from recognition.

10. DanielSpeight's rating of the film Broken Flowers

11. Tja's rating of the film Broken Flowers

I watched it twice and still couldn't decide whether Bill Murray's ageing lothario persona needed a hug or a slap. Either way, he sustains our interest helped by the four re-unions with ex-girlfriends. The pink motif is a nice touch, but I was slightly freaked out when during the second viewing a delivery guy rang my bell and left me with a neighbour's package - in lurid pink.

12. tinderness's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Die gute Story, die exzellenten SchauspielerInnen, den gelassenen Kameramann, den schrägen Zugang zum Leben. Das ist wieder einmal Jim Jarmusch mit dem Lebensgefühl einer Generation - nicht die meine, aber vielleicht doch? Sehr empfehlenswert!

13. Kenzozo's rating of the film Broken Flowers

14. blkrchs's rating of the film Broken Flowers

15. Aukse's rating of the film Broken Flowers

great soundtrack, interesting story and Bill Murray

16. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Broken Flowers

17. alonsoelias's rating of the film Broken Flowers

18. Barrett.'s rating of the film Broken Flowers

Quite a subdued performance by Murray in a minor Jarmusch film.

19. kinotopia's rating of the film Broken Flowers

"american auteurs" have not done anything as of recent that doesn't ripoff foreign cinema that they watched during their formative periods.

20. AALC's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Bill Murray just sitting on the sofa, doing nothing and still being charming.

21. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Nonostante l'inusuale sforzo di Jarmusch di dare risalto alla componente narrativa, ancora una volta un suo film trova i suoi più convincenti punti d'appoggio in una splendida caratterizzazione dei personaggi ed in una cura registica notevole. Un'anonima lettera rosa si fa strada tra piccoli episodi di vita quotidiana aventi protagonisti gli stereotipi del popolo a stelle e striscie. Un film molto consigliato.

22. dordairobert's rating of the film Broken Flowers

23. redux's rating of the film Broken Flowers

Working class black neighbourhoods (is that correct enough?) just adore a catatonic, rich white geezer. He shows them how to click with the mouse. Grateful as they are, they send him (and our unsuspended disbelief) for a long walk, to meet different actresses with different hairdos.

24. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Broken Flowers

A pleasant amble around themes of age and change, undercut with a wry eye on a modern, anonymous America. It's rather Jarmusch on low gas but none the worse for it. The still quality is a minor blessing in a modern cinema of slam-dunk pyrotechnics providing room to breathe if not think too deeply.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7