1. luclua's rating of the film Brooklyn

2. mootz15's rating of the film Brooklyn

Definitely not as good as The Immigrant but ultimately quite poignant despite its unambiguous sentimentality.

3. Walker's rating of the film Brooklyn

4. nadnab's rating of the film Brooklyn

5. Laura Ivaškėvičiūte's rating of the film Brooklyn

6. Ade Hendy's rating of the film Brooklyn

7. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Brooklyn

my bad, for setting up a high expectation for this film

8. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Brooklyn

9. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film Brooklyn

It somehow touches me personally.

10. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Brooklyn

the beast gave her the right choice.

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Brooklyn

There are a few rites of passage for the person applying for American citizenship. One of them is to crush his past and become a virgin again. It takes a lot of blood. Already forgotten.

12. Jake Davis's rating of the film Brooklyn

"I hope that when I go through the pearly gates, the first sound I hear is you asking me for the bill in that lovely Irish brogue."

13. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Brooklyn

Good performances and a setting and story I really enjoyed. Certainly the lead makes a decision that could be discussed with other viewers of the film, and I'm not entirely sure where I fall with it. Except I think ultimately she acted very much like a real person would, rather than a film character. So I understand her from a human point of view. We're not always as neat and tidy as film characters can be. Loved it.

14. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Brooklyn

:'( but why did it end on a freeze frame

15. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Brooklyn

My kinda favorite. It's touching, sweet but sad, heartbreaking and realistic. Nothing sugar about showing dillema between choosing the past or the future, comforts of home or finishing the responsibility. *sobbing*

16. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Brooklyn

I'm not pleased that the most celebrated immigration narrative in film was about cute young white people 80 years ago. yawn! one star for emory cohen's irresistible charm and another for julie walters. period.

17. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Brooklyn

It is unbelievable how Saoirse Rona's becoming more and more of a superstar. With plenty of memorable acts already n her dish, she has now become a real chameleon of acting in just 21. Her couple with Emory Cohen has a chemistry in Brooklyn that will take you all that 2 hours deep into their romance and carry you around as if you are in the middle of a Jane Austin novel. It is the little delight of the year.

18. Julia Miville's rating of the film Brooklyn

Really need to add this book to my reading list now.

19. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Brooklyn

20. no past land's rating of the film Brooklyn

"But your life here could be just as good. Better, even, maybe."

21. Aardsy's rating of the film Brooklyn

So much artisanal mayonnaise!

22. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Brooklyn

An old fashioned story told really well. Outstanding performance from Ronan and a director that captures every glance, every knowing look, every aspect of the emotional intelligence which she brings to the film, which really captures the existential crisis of a person who lives in two parts of the world. Much better than the usual chocolate box period dramas that the Usk seems to make on a conveyor belt.

23. James Roth's rating of the film Brooklyn

I thought this was a really beautiful film, I think everybody can relate to the central choice posed to Eilis, the choice between the comforts of home and sacrificing that to strive for a better life. An outstanding central performance by Saoirse Ronan, aesthetically it doesn't put a foot wrong and a genuinely heartwarming film in the most understated way.

24. kokeshi's rating of the film Brooklyn

La nostalgia è come la maggior parte delle malattie. Ti farà sentire a pezzi, e poi passerà a qualcun altro.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7