1. carrielou's rating of the film Brooklyn

the 50s set is well built

2. Milly Hampton's rating of the film Brooklyn

very good, however the scene on the ship at the end was cliche and easy, freeze frame ending ... no! 3.5

3. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Brooklyn

Saoirse Ronan is impeccably, unbearably and otherworldly beautiful in this great film.

4. Michael Blouin's rating of the film Brooklyn

D'une prémisse simple et d'une mise en scène ultra convenue, on se laisse pourtant charmer par le talent et le charisme de Ronan. Le récit que l'on croyait si prévisible se dirige au milieu du film vers une avenue classique mais, avec surprise, de manière plutôt profonde et touchante. Malgré une recréation historique parfaite, on questionne tout de même ses nombreuses nominations aux Oscars.

5. luclua's rating of the film Brooklyn

6. mootz15's rating of the film Brooklyn

Definitely not as good as The Immigrant but ultimately quite poignant despite its unambiguous sentimentality.

7. Walker's rating of the film Brooklyn

8. nadnab's rating of the film Brooklyn

9. Laura Ivaškėvičiūte's rating of the film Brooklyn

10. Ade Hendy's rating of the film Brooklyn

11. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Brooklyn

my bad, for setting up a high expectation for this film

12. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Brooklyn

13. Magnus Boobytron's rating of the film Brooklyn

14. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film Brooklyn

It somehow touches me personally.

15. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Brooklyn

the beast gave her the right choice.

16. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Brooklyn

There are a few rites of passage for the person applying for American citizenship. One of them is to crush his past and become a virgin again. It takes a lot of blood. Already forgotten.

17. Jake Davis's rating of the film Brooklyn

"I hope that when I go through the pearly gates, the first sound I hear is you asking me for the bill in that lovely Irish brogue."

18. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Brooklyn

Good performances and a setting and story I really enjoyed. Certainly the lead makes a decision that could be discussed with other viewers of the film, and I'm not entirely sure where I fall with it. Except I think ultimately she acted very much like a real person would, rather than a film character. So I understand her from a human point of view. We're not always as neat and tidy as film characters can be. Loved it.

19. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Brooklyn

:'( but why did it end on a freeze frame

20. Bambarambambam's rating of the film Brooklyn

My kinda favorite. It's touching, sweet but sad, heartbreaking and realistic. Nothing sugar about showing dillema between choosing the past or the future, comforts of home or finishing the responsibility. *sobbing*

21. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Brooklyn

I'm not pleased that the most celebrated immigration narrative in film was about cute young white people 80 years ago. yawn! one star for emory cohen's irresistible charm and another for julie walters. period.

22. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Brooklyn

It is unbelievable how Saoirse Rona's becoming more and more of a superstar. With plenty of memorable acts already n her dish, she has now become a real chameleon of acting in just 21. Her couple with Emory Cohen has a chemistry in Brooklyn that will take you all that 2 hours deep into their romance and carry you around as if you are in the middle of a Jane Austin novel. It is the little delight of the year.

23. Julia Miville's rating of the film Brooklyn

Really need to add this book to my reading list now.

24. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Brooklyn