1. Loz Loory's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

Interesting revelations about social customs, socio-economic classes, gender roles, and the violence of the mob. The killing was horrific.

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

I was too ill to see it through, but I enjoyed what I saw.

3. fearraigh's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

It's an old-fashioned crowd-pleaser, which bears its own signs of being a Sisi-era Egyptian film - the political references are for the most part oblique. Though the soap opera-style acting can at times seem a bit stilted, and the final act rushed, there is a lot to admire here. There is a wonderful energy (particularly in the musical scenes) and Nasrallah weaves food into the narrative in a fantastic way.

4. captainfez's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

It's all fun and games until someone's dead in a ditch.

5. Superfrog's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

Unpretentious, believable characters, light farce in what turns out to be a serious drama. Film is remarkably constructed that you forget what it really is about and get lost in the sub plots until reminded. Like life.

6. E Bennett's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

Really great film, very sensual and colourful.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

A tale of various loves and hopes set against the backdrop of preparations for a large wedding, this Egyptian film from director Yusri Nasrullah benefits from winning performances from Baseem Samra (who also starred in Nasrullah's previous film, the very different After The Battle) and Laila Eloui. One or two darker moments seem jarring, but this is generally a sweet and enjoyable bit of disposable entertainment.

8. McOpinionated's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

A nice slice of modern small-town Egyptian Bolly-soap full of colour, weddings, and food with a little sauce (a la carry-on, without the laughs). And a couple of baddies. The drama plot is about a family catering business and the bad guy who want to take over, and the romance plot is about who marries who and is mid-summer’s night dream “lite”. Surprising ending. Too much in it though. But the trailer is brilliant.

9. Brenda Clews's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

I enjoyed Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces, the sensuality, of food, women dancing, the love lorn, the colours, music, wedding and funeral, and the way the beginning became the end but we were so wizened by then. The moments of the darkness, of those who are predatorial and murderous, were piercing. I appreciated the buzzing joy of the ending. All in all, a wonderful Egyptian film.

10. IKB 191's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

11. chloe's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

the film as a whole took a weird turn but the wedding scenes and especially the scenes of the women singing and the belly dancing were incredible. the plot as a whole is like an Egyptian Midsummer Night's Dream. Nazrallah really is an exceptional director with unusual talent and artistic vision.

12. Semaj Hatcher's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

This film revealed comedy on a whole different level. This film takes you on a bright uplifted journey blended with a mix of comedy and romance.This film represents the basic american sitcom dealing with romantic, family, and political drama.Egyptian director Yousry Nasrallah does an okay job with displaying hardships within relationships. I felt as if the film kind of tried to hard to be funny but it was a nice film

13. watashiwaelvan's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

Made my day! Cute story, fun music and all. So happy to watch that ^^

14. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

(1.5 stars) A well-made film, but a story that I really couldn't get into or care less about. I just didn't care about the characters or their stories. The ending was awesome, however... but way too late for me to enjoy this film in any way.

15. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

Exuberant, colourful, lots of fun, lots of food, a bit of plotting and planning and a short bit of nastiness towards the end. Good music, good dancing, very watchable. Needs some accompanying recipes with it so we can give them a go at home. Although I don't often have half a sheep in the pantry.

16. Chunkino's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

How do you say Skittles in Arabic? This film was a rainbow of sound, sight, humor, food. Magical! Taste the Rainbow!

17. Maria's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

rly good i liked it a lot ,especially the scenes where the women are dancing at the wedding celebrations

18. subsitude for whilpool's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

19. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces

like a feelgood egyptian bolywood <3, with its colors, yummy food, its laughs, joy, love and tears