1. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

Influence of western civilization on Japanese ancestral traditions. Is it propaganda or not? Anyway, it's true that the modern world doesn't know what to do with its old people. Make it a double feature with 'Tokyo Story'. Recommended.

4. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

5. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

This, in my opinion, is a lesser Ozu film. That being said, lesser Ozu is still extremely good, and better than most filmmaker's best films!

7. joey Noodles's rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

Charming Ozu picture. Saburi shines (as ever!) but it is the whole cast that makes this such a sweet and lovely little film. Not one of Ozu's defining masterworks but it plays over some very important themes and does that very well and in a tone which went perfectly with what Ozu was doing directorially. 4/5

8. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family

I gave this film my all my patience through its spirally storytelling and Japanese gloom and - thank all heavens - I came out more than rewarded. Ozu wrapped things up like only a genious would do so.