1. Jonathan Pr's rating of the film Buffet froid

2. Maxwell's rating of the film Buffet froid

I often find a film so well-served by its subtleties is also best served with a more cohesively relatable plot as a driving force, but this is enjoyable despite a plot motivated by absurdism and farce. the mis-en-scene is phenomenal. 2nd viewing. can't place why I saw this the first time and had to rewatch to scratch an itch on my brain.

3. Rod's rating of the film Buffet froid

When you laugh out loud at a dark, absurdist comedy, you know it’s good. Laughed out loud many times during this one.

4. El Biffo's rating of the film Buffet froid

What I love most about this wonderful absurdist comedy is that almost every shot is framed by beautiful architecture or amazing natural settings. 4+

5. Nick Potter's rating of the film Buffet froid

Without having fully read what the film was, it took me a bit to catch on. The absolute commitment to absurdity is commendable, and the dark comedy really works because of it.

6. Smaranda Ene's rating of the film Buffet froid

Brilliant! Done in a really smart way. Truly funny.

7. zubee's rating of the film Buffet froid

An enjoyable send up Leopold and Loeb.

8. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Buffet froid

The joke of reversal absurdity was not enough to sustain the whole film. I liked the idea but eventually everything became predictable and boring.

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Buffet froid

It's easy to forget that Depardieu used to be a great actor. I loved the absurdity and bleak humor when I first watched this film. Good to see it again and see that it has held up. Makes a great double-feature with 'Menage'.

10. Nicholaus Patnaude's rating of the film Buffet froid

Gleefully absurd, and yet your eyes may go green nausea when rollicking in this boat.

11. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film Buffet froid

12. tinderness's rating of the film Buffet froid

Absurdität in La Défense mit einem grotesken Finale. Viel französisch inspiriertes Verwirrspiel in einer eigenartigen Kriminalgeschichte. Ach ja, SchauspielerInnen vom Feinsten. Trotzdem nur drei Sterne für die bizarr anmutende Fleißaufgabe von Bertrand Blier.

13. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Buffet froid

It probably thinks of itself as some sort of clever allegory.

14. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film Buffet froid

This is brilliant! Nihilistic in exactly the right points. The brotherhood of men (homosociality) is exposed symbolically for what it is.

15. rgarrettrun's rating of the film Buffet froid

Blier did a very good job with this film, it was funny while also following an interesting story. It objectifies women slightly bringing down the rating, but the actors/characters work together in a way that brings the film to life. Anyone wanting a life while also enjoying a good story should consider watching this film.

16. afuchs's rating of the film Buffet froid

I've seen two films by Blier at this point, and Blier somehow managed to give me the impression that these are the typical Blier. I do like Blier now, and I'd watch more Blier, but I cannot get rid of the impression that everything else will be as much Blier as these two and as such enjoyable but nothing new. The slightly objectifying or objectifyingly slighting view of women is, of course, a salient Blier feature.

17. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Buffet froid

18. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Buffet froid

This is a very efficient and hilarous film. Terrific black comedy. Three destinies of frustrated men which converge around a nasty poisoned story.

19. Ameille's rating of the film Buffet froid

20. nejurgi's rating of the film Buffet froid

21. Movoco Synthaca's rating of the film Buffet froid

In my top 3, if not my favorite movie!!

22. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Buffet froid

I love how absurd this movie is.

23. Jack Lineman's rating of the film Buffet froid

The first ten twenty minutes are really slow but then the film speeds up and really starts to grow on you.

24. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Buffet froid

De lo màs representativo del cine frances de los años 70 y una de las obras màs conocidas del director Bernard Blier. Una divertidisima cinta plena de un humor negro y corrosivo, en donde el absurdo de las situaciones planteadas y el comportamiento subversivo de los personajes alcanzan alturas de verdadero delirio. El reparto (entre los que destacan Depardieu, Carole Bouquet y el mismo blier) es extraordinario.