1. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Bug

Tracy Letts did a great job in transforming his 1996 play into a script. Friedkin in turn adds an uncomfortable subtext by showing flashlike splinters of another reality (or other realities) at specific points (not only at the beginning or during and after the closing credits). The performances of Ashley Judd (especially the variety of facial expressions) and Michael Shannon are stunning and sometimes really creepy.

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Bug

3. Harriehhh's rating of the film Bug

Look closer, they’re there.

4. ramiah's rating of the film Bug

5. Faszinierender Stadtplan's rating of the film Bug

6. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Bug

Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours! == Tennessee WILLIAMS in the Twilight Zone. BILDERBERG group, a bunch of lesbians, many clichés. SHANNON zero charisma. JUDD 100% mad. For lovers of conspiracies. === Tenessee WILLIAMS dans la 4ème dimension. Le groupe BILDERBERG, une lesbienne paumée, bcp de clichés. SHANNON zéro charisme. JUDD 100% barge. Pour amateurs de complots. === After Tracy LETTS's theater play. 2,5/5.

7. John's rating of the film Bug

The definitive Michael Shannon romantic comedy. He gets the girl at the end, and then they set each other on fire.

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film Bug

9. Polyglot's rating of the film Bug

Intense and exhausting performances by Shannon and Judd. Great.

10. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Bug

11. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film Bug

Awkward acting, Horrible storyline, badly developed characters and a horrendous narrative. made it to my top 10 worst films

12. LAB ARBUTA's rating of the film Bug

13. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Bug

From the screenwriter of Killer Joe, another crazy film about crazy people in crazy actions.

14. rachel collier's rating of the film Bug

15. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Bug

Thought it was another cliche horror film, though it was surprisingly twisted!

16. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Bug

17. J. O.'s rating of the film Bug

It's easy to look past the too-quick-and-convenient aspect of the mutual descent into madness when you're wrapped up in the lunacy of the lead performances. Masterful direction of a dialogue-heavy script that manages to slip some pitch-black humour into an otherwise tense and pulsating story about both mental illness as well as desperation and loneliness. Beautifully effective small-scale filmmaking.

18. Simona's rating of the film Bug

Agree with some of the previous comments: extremely slow beginning, over-the-top and comical end.

19. Cami Koko's rating of the film Bug

Wow! Now this is insane! Actors are incredible. Plot is crazy. A good unusual film.

20. Siavash Aliparast's rating of the film Bug

Friedkin and Tracy Letts, a match made in heaven!

21. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Bug

I rewatched this again after seeing William Friedkin's Killer Joe and realizing they are both based on Tracy Letts' plays. Bug definitely shares a bit stylistically with Killer Joe but it's still an entirely different animal in itself. I don't like to summarize films, so I'll just say that this is about two people going a little crazy. Are their bugs in your bloodstream?

22. orangey's rating of the film Bug

"I am the mother queen drone thingy". Few movies could survive a line like that. Bug doesn't

23. Junda Mane's rating of the film Bug

An underrated gem from the legendary Friedkin. Michael Shannon is incredible.

24. mjgildea's rating of the film Bug

What looked like a crappy horror movie turned out to be a great showcase for stunning performances (namely from Michael Shannon) and absolute madness. I was absolutely floored by the escalation, the ending and the post credits easter eggs. You can see this was a play, but the final act is beautifully and disturbingly cinematic. I really wish I didn't wait so long to see this.