1. anarresti's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Such an inspiring story. The vision of the upside down bowls is one of the strongest I have seen in my life. To have the religious leaders lead, like that, and say no to a goverment, with such a strong statement, "we will take no part in what you are doing"... unfortunately that's something we have not seen often, in religion. And it is commitment with human life and its dignity. Few films touched me so deeply. *

2. paul oram's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

The thing to keep telling yourself is of course, this ain't a documentary, this is serious - deadly serious. There are so many brave individuals out there in the rest of the world standing up against the bastards that are oppressing them. I can offer nothing but my humble admiration for these people.

3. Ezuzuzu's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

I am really grateful to Mubi for sharing with us such an inspiring documentary about uprising.

4. SPQRNH's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Des rivières de sang : l'accès à la démocratie semble malheureusement être à ce prix dans certains pays autoritaires. En Birmanie, c'est le régime militaire qui fait alors (fin 2007) la vie dure à ses sujets, n'hésitant pas à tuer des civils et des moines lors de manifestations. Saisissant, ce film est un témoignage de première main, courageux et nécessaire, sur ces événements qui font désormais partie de l'histoire.

5. Ayşe Bagdemir Arıkan's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

6. France Claude's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

7. cheeky delights's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Using a mix of guerilla film making and recreated sequences to aid the narrative, this is a compelling insight into the struggle of the Burmese people and journalists committed to making change against a powerfully repressive regime.

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Despite some needlesly recreated situations (as means of dramatisation) a very good documentary.

9. mahuhe's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

The dramatization felt artificial and didn’t do justice to this fascinating story about the importance of journalism.

10. Linn's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Brilliant documentary.

11. Nathan Johnson's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Put aside entertainment for a 80 minutes and learn something about the brave people who have taken to the streets and risked their lives to film a horribly repressive regime in action.

12. Endless Eye's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

This film is the definition of bravery.

13. Yuri La's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Does anyone know other docs with similar synopsis tipology?

14. faust-i's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

This an amazing documentary. These gentlemen with their handheld video cameras document the 2007 peoples uprising in Burma. They made this film knowing the danger and possible prison sentences that they faced. They still made it. It is a testament to the people of Burma and their fight for freedom.

15. homer harianja's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Bagaimana dokumentasi dibangun dan apa jadinya jika dokumensi itu dibangun lewat tangan ke dua? pergeseran imajinasi dari suatu bangsa oleh bangsa lain bisa menjadi soal, meski awalnya si pendokumentasi pertama membutuhkan corong barat sebagai bagian dari perjuangan. Terlepas itu, pejuang demokrasi burma adalah orang2 yang berani, yang berani memilih mati sekarang ketimbang nanti karena lapar dan penindasan.

16. Kirby's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

It's amazing what sacrifices Burma is willing to make to obtain their freedom. And although they are not saved yet, it is people like the ones featured in this film that make think it will happen sooner than later.

17. kowalski81's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

Inquiry, complaint, breakthrough... Definitely one of the best documentary of the latest years.

18. Alley PB's rating of the film Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country

The events captured are terrifying, the editing and story structure are well-crafted, and the protagonist is incredibly compelling even though we never even see his face. Burma VJ is one of the best films I've seen in a long time.