1. shonenknifeplay's rating of the film Burn After Reading

I think that's the shit, man... The raw intelligence.

2. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film Burn After Reading

3. NUGA's rating of the film Burn After Reading

It is fair to say, at this point, that a Coen movie will have the Coen Tm in at least a few ways. It's even more fair saying that having such a style in a project made to satirize a whole genre, with its own clichés and "habits" is note-worthy. Couple that with hilarious writing (duh), clever directing and a surprising Brad Pitt, and you've got yourself a ride. It does lack substance, but not without a good surface.

4. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Burn After Reading

"Report back to me when....I dunno...when any of this starts to make any sense" is the slogan of 2017

5. kokeshi's rating of the film Burn After Reading

La conclusione è: tutta colpa della chirurgia plastica!

6. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Burn After Reading

7. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Burn After Reading

2.5 stars. All the klutzes and narcissists and dunderheads running amuck make this a rather charmless affair - though it's hard not to love Frances McDormand as Joel Coen's love for her just radiates from the screen. Brad Pitt getting shot in the face tho.

8. André Vieira's rating of the film Burn After Reading

Instant classic. A weird tale filled with dumb characters who get themselves involved in the most bizarre and dark situations. This is some next level storytelling.

9. Azer Suat Tatlı's rating of the film Burn After Reading

so what did we learn palmer? i don't know sir. i don't fucking know either.

10. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film Burn After Reading

it was just lying there. on the floor there. just lying there.

11. Afonso Castro's rating of the film Burn After Reading

12. Ethan's rating of the film Burn After Reading

There may be a lot of pointless things in this movie but there are a few great moments here too.

13. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Burn After Reading

2.5, not sure whether to round up or down for my rating here. It's one of the most straightforward comedies the Coens have made but unfortunately it's also among their least funny films. The ending nearly saves it, though.

14. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Burn After Reading

15. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Burn After Reading

This is one of the most purely pleasurable films the Coen Brothers have ever done. It's a darkly comedic farce that gets funnier and funnier as it progresses, as well as showcasing the careful screenwriting skills of the Coens. The cast is all-around fantastic and hilarious, with Pitt and Jenkins being particular stand-outs. It may not be as deeply layered as other Coens films, but it is a lot of fun.

16. Zac Weber's rating of the film Burn After Reading

There's something particularly satisfying about the way John Malkovich says "fuck." I appreciated that none of the serendipitous moments seemed convenient or half-baked.

17. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Burn After Reading

18. Several Giraffes's rating of the film Burn After Reading

The characters in this movie stressed me the fuck out, and by the end, I wanted all of them to fail. I think it did what it was supposed to do really well.

19. Maïna's rating of the film Burn After Reading

20. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Burn After Reading

Slight. It's been said before but Brad Pitt really is a character actor in a leading man's body.

21. Absentia's rating of the film Burn After Reading

22. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Burn After Reading

9.5/10. BURN AFTER READING could be perhaps be described as a nihilistic farce--and savagely funny and meaningless it all is. With terrific performances from its stellar cast (Malkovich, Pitt and Simmons are particular standouts), BURN AFTER READING is eminently rewatchable and never ceases to make me laugh.

23. Audrey's rating of the film Burn After Reading

24. Renton47's rating of the film Burn After Reading

It's unsurprising where the Coen's fall on post-9/11 paranoia, assured that no plotting could coherently connect the dimwits interspersed through the country. Crafting a class hierarchy of manic ego's, 'Burn' should feel nastier than it does, yet its slightness prevents me taking it too seriously. Perhaps its just the joy of some of our finest actors doing exaggerated conspiracy, watched over by two technical pro's.