1. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

Interesting subjects tend to make interesting documentaries, and this is no exception. It’s not a masterpiece on it’s own (like, say, “Crumb,” which would actually make for a good double feature), but it has it’s moments. Inspired me to read “Naked Lunch” if nothing else (although saying that has underserved it).

2. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

"these words may be too late."

3. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

I don't like Burroughs as a person. I can't understand Ginsberg thinking she desired him to kill her, that is an irrational thought. Burroughs' son's fate was a terrible product of his rotten behavior; and I think he killed his wife on purpose. I think WSB is witty. I think I like his son more, he should have been a bigger character because he lived for five years since he left that apartment, they were not friends.

4. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

5. Jason's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

I'm one of those guys. Thirteen years old. Read a magazine article about Mr. Burroughs, and it was all over for me. Burroughs was my entry pod into literature and the counterculture. He is a man well-suited to candid documentary treatment. His whole affect is a huge piece of his art. The voice. The manner. The wardrobe. The biography. A very special modality of mutual exploitation here between filmmaker and subject.

6. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

Great appearances by Bill, Allen Ginsberg, Patti Smith, and others of the movement. Also great commentary by Jim Jarmusch who did the sound for the film.

7. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

A must-see for anyone even remotely interested. It’ll make you want to go out and have your suit coats lined with hidden pockets for your blackjack. I doubt this is the last film, fiction or not, on Burroughs - a man whose real life stories rival even the most epic movie plot.

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

It's rare to see a documentary this intimate.

9. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

10. bencor's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

nothing like burroughs on orgone energy and mummies

11. fabian_dellamonica's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

12. Tom Cottey's rating of the film Burroughs: The Movie

A truly special document from director Howard Brookner, which brilliantly contextualises Burroughs' life and work and gives you a real sense of the elusive man himself. You can become a fan of Burroughs: The Movie on the film's Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/burroughsthemovie