1. Karina Castro's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

I think this film didn't work because the characters weren't well developed...

2. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

3. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

Expansive yet concise, static yet stirring, Butterflies Have No Memories is simultaneously emblematic of Diaz' governing modality and an outlier among his major works.

4. Van Angeles's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

5. Linao Momentaries's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

R.I.P. Dante Perez http://mubi.com/topics/rip-dante-perez-visual-artist-art-director-actor-philippines

6. joey Noodles's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

This seems to be a pretty popular film on this site, but I found it somewhat dramatically dry. I liked the style and the themes of westernization and alienation from society you once were connected with, but it just didn't quite work fully for me. 3.5/5

7. apexa's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

A lot of things Diaz manages to pack into this film but the two things that stuck out to me was his focus on the resource curse inflicted on developing countries and the result being desperation borne from poverty. The other being the ex-patriate returning home but unable to reconnect with one's country of origin as a result of being westernized, perhaps originally driven by the lack of opportunities available.

8. kartina obskura's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

i think i haven't seen more beautiful and more heavy nights than his nights...

9. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

10. Ari Ernesto MamaYukero's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

Action is irrelevant, what matters is reaction--that's what I learned from Butterflies Have No Memories (Lav Diaz, 2009, Phillippines)

11. Alexander Peacock's rating of the film Butterflies Have No Memories

Likely my favorite film of the 00s, not seen any other Diaz though. Please check out the 61 min director's cut, not the shorter one. Not sure if there's a torrent for the director's cut as it's a special feature on dvd rather than the main feature - Korean dvd called Visitors (with Kawase's Coma and Hong's Lost in the Mountains). Diaz is truly inspirational to me.