1. Kamran's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

More groundbreaking cinema from the drastically under recognized Thai female director Anocha Suwichakornpong. Proves herself a key figure of contemporary international cinema. 92/100 - Amazing.

2. Jason's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

BY THE TIME IT GETS DARK is almost like a new shape. It contains a great many ellipses but is not itself an ellipsis. Many works are said to evoke the kaleidoscope; this one actually does. I love how Suwichakornpong establishes parameters only to radically multiply the plane of the possible. She would appear to do so in order not only to discredit conventional practices, but for the purposes of forging new ones.

3. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

we will find out that he dies while watching his movie but it will happen such that she is there

4. G.'s rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

Wow, think I kinda love Thai film. What a brilliant closing sequence.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

"A headspinning tour de force, beginning with the attack on students in 1976 and turning to the nature of film-making itself"...https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jun/18/by-the-time-it-gets-dark-film-review-dazzling-reflections-thai-history

6. Slappy McGee's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

Kind of beautiful. A visual and meditative feast. Starts off very paced and then takes a turn that makes it quite philosophically intriguing. This is not really in my wheelhouse of taste, but I can appreciate the talent that has crafted this film. Some will really enjoy this piece of Thai cinema... a lot.

7. ejonline's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

I would like to give the film an N/A rating, but since I can't do that I will go with three stars. Last night I was just talking to my students about bell hooks' discussion of epistemological humility and then I watched this movie. I felt like I was overhearing a heavily coded conversation for which I have no context or background knowledge about. This movie wasn't made for me, so I'm not in a position to rate it.

8. koolacct's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

a fine melt between film and reality & lovely photography throughout—the pace is truly reluctant, perhaps to saturate in the moment of scenes with characters that are ultimately impermanent.

9. Dylan Brandsema's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

10. Sakinah's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

This film was a film I have never experienced before. The balance between reality & film was so seamless that it allowed me to become more emotionally invested into the story than I had expected. It never felt as if it was a story being told, I felt as if I was there. The beginning especially pulled me in, and then with every other following scene, I was basically in a wild trip within the eye of many other trips.

11. saltwater's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

Disappointing result. The beginning works well and offers promise, but the film eventually meanders into a bunch of dead-end narratives with non-essential characters.

12. noice's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

13. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

I really loved part of the film and was very engaged for the first half, it's a shame it couldn't keep it up.

14. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

This...this was just aggravating cinema. It's not just that it starts with an easy premise and then needlessly goes in a dozen different directions. It's not just the countless sequences of undefined characters doing boring activities. It's that it's so random and so dull, that you have little incentive or desire to engage the work and try to unravel it.

15. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

16. Slow Immersion's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

Two feature films in, and Anocha is already one of the greatest in cinema today. Lingering between narrative, contemplative, and experimental form, and a more fragmented and looser form than Mundane History, but with the same sensuality.

17. miniemi's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

18. Pil Yun's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark

Glittering, meditative, fully cinematic vision about the history and individual memories. Best in 2016 by far.

19. le Gars's rating of the film By the Time It Gets Dark