1. Aardsy's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

Five stars on the silly meter.

2. Amandenberg's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

Paul Lynde is amazing. This movie rules so hard. It is my dream to play Conrad Birdie in a production sometime.

3. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

4. Clarissa's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

I can do the moves and lyrics of the beginning and ending song. This movie just wants you to sing and dance in your seat.

5. FilmFan<3's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

Where the form of each musical number advances closer and closer to abstract.

6. Hardyandnelson's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

7. MarcH's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

There is a room in hell where they make you watch this on a continual loop.

8. Valerie Chiang's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

my middle school put on a production of Bye Bye Birdie, and I can honestly say I enjoyed it much more than this movie... the last number was kinda cute though.

9. Dally's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

Uneven musical though director Sidney manages to put together a few exciting numbers (check the crane shot at the end of "Honestly Sincere"– quite witty). A bored Dick Van Dyke and a miscast Janet Leigh are interspersed. While it doesn't help that the titular rock idol is a snooze, things perk up whenever Ann-Margret is onscreen. So easy to see why her performance was recently fetishized on Mad Men.

10. Christopher Bentley Owen's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

Truly one of my least favorites of the musical canon. It is interesting to contrast Ann-Margaret in this with her performance in Tommy, though.

11. Arisa's rating of the film Bye Bye Birdie

The movie slows down after a bit, but there are so many memorable songs! The best musicals are always worthy of a good sing-a-long, and this one is.