1. Robert H's rating of the film Byzantium

Well-paced and beautifully atmospheric, but with a flat story which fails to explore some of character dimensions and ends up rather predictable.

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film Byzantium

lights will guide you home and ignite your bones and i will try to fix you

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film Byzantium

After INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE, Neil Jordan made another vampire movie. BYZANTIUM is an unusual vampire genre. Jordan described the vampires more human. They have complexity like human. BYZANTIUM starts with a promising storytelling. I kinda feel intrigued. After it reached the second act, BYZANTIUM loses its charms. It's less interesting. Saoirse Ronan and Gemma Arterton's performance are still worth to watch...

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Byzantium

Turns out that vampires and the Catholic church have something in common. Which is not super surprising. Both are men's clubs. Everyone in this cast is top-notch. I particularly like Sam Riley, who's doing his Darcy thing. Nice variation on the whole vampire thing.

5. dan_mt's rating of the film Byzantium

There was so much potential in this film.

6. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Byzantium

This is probably the smartest and most beautifully composed genre picture about trauma I've ever seen; like a feminist "Martin." Deserving of serious widespread critical reassessment

7. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Byzantium

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film Byzantium

A vampiric borderline masterpiece blending British social realism, Hammer horror, Bourne thriller intensity, feminist overtones and the metaphoric use of violence as paint on a canvas. Stylish, unnerving and stands the test of time.

9. leirmx's rating of the film Byzantium

10. Chris's rating of the film Byzantium

Very slow beginning and an annoying unnecessary romance, but still decent due to casting and style

11. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Byzantium

Maybe Vampire films just aren't for me. Aside from "Let the Right One In" ...2.5

12. kit duckworth's rating of the film Byzantium

the mom (gemma arterton) is one of the greatest vampire characters in fiction

13. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Byzantium

14. DarthVader's rating of the film Byzantium

"İstiridye çürüyüp giderken, inci sonsuza kadar saf kalır içinde." Çürüyüp giden bedenler içinde saklı yıldız tozları. Nosferatu'ya selam, âşık vampirlere devam...

15. My PTR's rating of the film Byzantium

I love vampires, but honestly not the ones in Twilight you know. I have seen many movies about vampire and this has a good story. It is not one the best movies I have ever seen but if you are interested in vampires and want to spend time without getting bored then I suggest this movie as it has both action and drama in it. It has a different story at least to me. But I am not an expert so... Have fun!

16. Ezgi Ülkü's rating of the film Byzantium

Tam bir hollywood filmi. İzlemeyi düşünüyorsanız ona göre izleyin.

17. su r's rating of the film Byzantium

Its a movie about the feeling that "i made interview with vampire when no one making a vampire movie. and just because of that, you must watch this god damn movie too" Just a waste of blood. And money of course.

18. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Byzantium

Starts great. Ends Cliched. Takes a long time to get there. A vampire movie that follows a vampires life in the plot beats? So meta. I sound smart as fuck?

19. Siaudebert's rating of the film Byzantium

20. (blank) FilmBlog's rating of the film Byzantium

Byzantium is equal parts family on the run and unconventional vampire film. I had a hard time believing that a 200 year old vampire is just now coming of age, Ronan’s performance nonetheless buoys the film. Strong supporting roles filled out by Riley and Caleb Landry Jones make even the rough bits with Artenton bearable. Hopefully this drama about a vampire family surviving through the ages will find its audience.

21. Joyce's rating of the film Byzantium

22. caprica_six's rating of the film Byzantium

Excellent cast, but the tepid script and dull, shoehorned-in teen romance means Byzantium fails to live up to its interesting premise.

23. melancolia's rating of the film Byzantium

24. Nick Benson's rating of the film Byzantium

A great new setting and characters for the genre, but a bit too slow overall, despite occasional gore and excitement. A ripping pace and atmosphere in the first ten minutes offer up a very film to the one you see. Slow is good when there's more below the surface, but there wasn't all that much.