1. Joe Zaydon's rating of the film Cabaret

2. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Cabaret

10/10. Despite being laden with camp, CABARET is truly a formally innovative musical. Fosse takes his musical numbers and intercuts them with/smash cuts to fascist violence for a truly shocking effect.

3. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Cabaret

Divine decadence darling! Joel Grey, I love you.

4. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Cabaret

Wilkoooommen, bienvenue, weeeeelcoooome ~♪

5. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Cabaret

I'm going to be a great film star! That is, if booze and sex don't get me first.

6. ermete polpette's rating of the film Cabaret

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Cabaret

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Cabaret

Liza was so great before she became a parody.

9. bryanvmh's rating of the film Cabaret

The Fassbinder influence in the lighting and staging is interesting, Liza Minnelli and the second coming of James Mason are fantastic.

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Cabaret

Goddamn, Bob Fosse is just so ungodly amazing at making musical sequences. He is just so goddamn good at filming musical sequences. He is just so goddamn good. And Liza Minelli is pretty goddamn good too.

11. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Cabaret

Finally got around to watching this classic. It's not nearly as earth shattering as All That Jazz, but Cabaret is a timeless film with outstanding musical numbers and performances, particularly from Joel Grey who is absolutely brilliant. Fosse was one of the greats and created films that could never be duplicated in any way, try as they might.

12. Adèle Vivet's rating of the film Cabaret

Liza Minelli est juste parfaite en séductrice hystérique.

13. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Cabaret

Cabaret's depiction of an hedonistic era that end by the rise of a terrifying political movement brings up thought provoking questions to how the world is working today in 2016.

14. Luis Pires's rating of the film Cabaret

The musical numbers are so beautiful and the movie is altogether delightful!

15. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Cabaret

35mm print projection @ NSW Art Gallery,Sydney.

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Cabaret

17. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Cabaret

I can't help but get the nagging feeling there's wasted potential in this film. We could have had deeper meaning in the rise of the Nazi party with the main love story but it feels slapped together. I've read the book Goodbye to Berlin which slightly alters the material of Sally Bowles story which is only around 60 pages of a 250 page book. The acting is spot on but the direction is forgettable once it's ended.

18. Rocco's rating of the film Cabaret

Though not quite as staggering as Sam Mendes' more recent stage incarnation, Fosse's film is still sublime and easily counted among the greatest films of the 70s. Minnelli is exquisite and it's all a marvelously sly warning that a life of unchecked irresponsibility and decadence can blind one to the brutal truths of the world and keep you from hearing the wolves knocking at the door.

19. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Cabaret

Often in my experience this is one of the first musicals you like when claiming to hate musicals. At least for my generation... perhaps its something more recent now.

20. Ethan's rating of the film Cabaret

Fosse really captured the extravagance of Berlin in the 30s. A beautiful film with lots of energy.

21. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Cabaret

For more context to the film, I recommend you read Goodbye to Berlin, (the book that Cabaret was based on) before watching this, although it is not essential. The film does a brilliant job at standing on its own and subtly emphasises the rapid decline of Berlin as it spun out of control. I especially enjoyed the use of the little cabaret vignettes with messages that tie back into the main plot.

22. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Cabaret

The end scene where it pans right into the fun house mirror, the distorted reflection of the audience and a man in a Nazi uniform is such a perfect metaphor that summarizes what this film tries to convey.

23. salemsharp's rating of the film Cabaret

24. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Cabaret

one of the few musicals that has a great story that stands on its own. liza minelli is fantastic and joel grey is creepy but equally good.