1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Calamari Union

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Calamari Union

Un grupo de hombres (del mismo nombre) hacen retrato de una sociedad laboral masculina inconforme con su orden. Más que migración esto se planea a manera de conspiración, como si se tratase de un escape. Kaurismaki narra una historia llena de absurdos, un blanco y negro que en donde el noir se desvirtúa. Todo parece concluir que hay un fracaso. Salir del sistema tal parece ser imposible.

3. ach's rating of the film Calamari Union

doing movies to experiment. like he was in the cinema school. this makes me give them 2 stars not 1. He slowly got to The man without a past, which is a lot, for me till now his best

4. Daniel's rating of the film Calamari Union

Excelente y qué buena banda sonora.

5. nrh's rating of the film Calamari Union

a strange film - a place film about helsinki in the '80s, and a very sad movie about growing older, that time in your late twenties when financial choices become moral ones and you see your beloved friends making wrong turn after wrong turn. and it's funny, and never heavy, and matti pelonpaa has a great monologue about sardines. just trying to make good with what you have and not betraying the dream of youth.

6. bleadof's rating of the film Calamari Union

Man, what a movie. At this time I've only seen this movie once, but I imagine you can see it over and over again. It's full of awesome quotes and Finnish craziness. It's riddled with social observations and satire. I can imagine that Aki has heard or maybe even had all the conversations in this movie. Hmh, maybe I'll get to Eira someday too, but if I do, will I like it?

7. Laura's rating of the film Calamari Union

Amusing, but not entirely satisfying film. Still I liked this rather silly - I am lacking better word for it - vision from Aki Kaurismäki better than, for example, Hamlet Goes Business. Here the director/producer/writer's eccentric sense of humour dwells in the absurd and that I enjoyed.

8. Alain Leun's rating of the film Calamari Union

I'm not a regular smoker but when I watch this absurd masterpiece by the master i always prepare and buy myself a pack of cigarettes so that we can all smoke together on screen-off screen.

9. Juurakkotukka's rating of the film Calamari Union

10. Chasing Butterflies's rating of the film Calamari Union

I Vitelloni made by Dreyer, said Jean Pierre Gorin (as retold by Peter von Bagh here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67zmJpUdxQY)

11. Stevan Bjeletić's rating of the film Calamari Union