1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Cape Fear

In spite of being highly stylish and referential, this flick goes off the rails and over the top (figuratively and literally) at its climax. Setting aside several plotting issues, arbitrary female characters (Danielle and Leigh don't accomplish much save for being threat tokens), and troubles aligning plot to framing, it is effective pulp. And Juliette Lewis has a wonderfully understated naturalism about her.

2. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Cape Fear

I liked De Niro's sexual advances. It made the film especially sinister.

3. POMAC's rating of the film Cape Fear

4. PinkEyeMorrison's rating of the film Cape Fear

Cartoonish characters and camp through the lens of Scorsese, is more fun than expected.

5. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Cape Fear

6. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Cape Fear

FUCK THIS movie sometimes the breakup overshadows the relationship. doesn't really matter how beautiful the first half is when the last half makes you want to curl up into a ball and both never leave nor remain indoors (still the first half was so stunning :/ )

7. Vincent T's rating of the film Cape Fear

8. samuele90's rating of the film Cape Fear

Scorsese rifa Giobbe, se Dio-Satana fossero stati fusi insieme e Giobbe avesse sfaciolato a una certa dicendo sì, ma mo m'hai rotto anche tre quarti di cazzo, zi', e avesse iniziato a pigliare Dio-Satana a sassate in faccia.

9. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Cape Fear

Overlooked Scorsese thriller. Especially like the old school visual style and soundtrack.

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Cape Fear

11. film_lies101's rating of the film Cape Fear

Swamp Noir: This feels more like a De Palma pic than a Scorsese; it's suffocatingly stylized to the point of redundancy. It's fun in a weekend midnight flick w/ friends kind of thing.

12. Chris's rating of the film Cape Fear

Great towards the end but the build up is so excruciatingly boring; also how did juliette lewis impersonate a screaming block of wood and get an oscar nom for it

13. jenstor's rating of the film Cape Fear

14. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Cape Fear

Some cool cinematography and color use. Alot of really campy and almost comical moments. DeNiro is great but I couldn't get over the feeling there was something off about his accent. The pacing was good but it would have been better 20 minutes shorter. Alot of fat on the movie that wasn't needed.

15. Лиич's rating of the film Cape Fear

Sexual tension between Robert De Niro and Juliette Lewis.

16. Aardsy's rating of the film Cape Fear

If Scorsese meant this as a goof... but probably not.

17. Oyasumi's rating of the film Cape Fear

18. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Cape Fear

19. :Dani's rating of the film Cape Fear

20. sainte's rating of the film Cape Fear

21. Ethan's rating of the film Cape Fear

This a film that requires more than one viewing to really appreciate it. At first view you almost hate it but the more you think about it and watch it you realize how great this film really is. Scorsese has the ability to make unlikable characters earn your sympathy. De Niro is brilliant as usual in this film, even if the supporting cast lags at times, but nonetheless Scorsese keeps it all together.

22. SpacePirate's rating of the film Cape Fear

Awful and pretty damn cheesy at times too. Stick with the original.

23. SoulBrotherNo1's rating of the film Cape Fear

8.5/10 - Let me do some blasphemy: Scorsese does Hitchcock better than Hitchcock himself for the most part. De Niro is frightening in this one.

24. Esteban Henao's rating of the film Cape Fear

That's the only movie from Scorsese that leaves me wondering... "was it necessary?". I've just seen it once, and always avoid to see it again. I feel it's an unnecessary movie from him, I don't know... when I can convince myself to see it again, I guess I'll review my perspective on it.