1. Xphilo Liranzo's rating of the film Capote

An outstanding biopic. Great performance by Hoffman. This movie is very well written. It depicts the complex, ambiguous personality of this exceptional writer: Truman Capote.

2. Ryan Shea's rating of the film Capote

No way it could live up to the book Capote writes in the film, but still good.

3. speedball's rating of the film Capote

4. Arf's rating of the film Capote

Come sempre Hoffman da il meglio di se in ogni suo personaggio e penso che questo sia tra i più riusciti

5. Célio g.'s rating of the film Capote

6. Adri Azhari's rating of the film Capote

Philip Seymour Houffman memang luar biasa...

7. berat bayer's rating of the film Capote

richard brooks' adaptation of "in cold blood" was more like a documentary, while miller's "capote" is a research on the writing process of capote himself... which leads to a modern masterpiece. marvelous performances by philip seymour hoffman and clifton collins jr. (he is criminally underrated as perry smith). 5/5

8. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Capote

What an important person and an important story This story is a giant-stepping stone in the understanding of violent notions and actions, if we could further THISidea into perfct science, there would be less violence and a better understanding for one another (which would deflate hatred as well) He proved that the least little pissANT of our species is an awe to behold and in each of us is nearly insatiable passion

9. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Capote

Rewatched and re-loved. "More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Capote

Philip Seymour Hoffman earned the Oscar. He is missed.

11. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Capote

Hurts to see that movie a second time now that PSH has died. Not an easy movie to made but Miller nailed it. Great movie.

12. anacecil's rating of the film Capote

Excelente. La vida alrededor de " A sangre fría" la obra maestra de Truman Capote. Muestra como se consumió Capote en medio de su esplendor y hace a la película, tan interesante y apasionante como lo fué su libro. La actuación es impecable.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Capote

Epoustouflante interprétation de Philip Seymour Hoffman, fort justement récompensé par l’Oscar du meilleur acteur, qui éclipse par sa fulgurante et suave prestation l’ensemble des autres acteurs du film, perçus (à tort) comme bien pâles et plutôt quelconques, face à sa tonitruante composition... www.cinefiches.com

14. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Capote

Hoffman is a legend, regardless of any subjective opinions about this movie. His effortlessness in character is just astonishing

15. cineholic's rating of the film Capote

7/10. Despite a brilliant performance from Hoffman, I'm left to wonder at a series of enigmas: who was Truman Capote, really; what about the brutal murder story inspired him. Perhaps rendering Capote's complexities is near impossible, and we'll have to settle for the film's audacity to depict his darker characteristics--the self-centered charlatan concerned more with extracting a good story than any moral imperative.

16. samba direito's rating of the film Capote

17. Disa's rating of the film Capote

Hoffman is fucking amazing.

18. Silvoieski's rating of the film Capote

Hoffman was such a "super-actor", one of the best performances I have ever seen in 21st century's cinema. What I have to say about the plot is that I give value to the person who turned this "simple" story in a complex drama that deals with many interesting psychological and philosophical factors of the real life.

19. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Capote

An absolute masterpiece of character study and performance. Every facial expression, every stare, every twitch is so subtle yet builds a picture of Capote's fundamentally flawed personality. The direction understands how to bring this performance to the forefront and also films everything in a muted palette which is perfect for the source material. One of the best films of the last decade.

20. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Capote

I went into this film after reading 'In Cold Blood' so the film is more a making of documentary about the book actually being written instead of the life of Capote himself. I would say after reading the book you get more enjoyment overall from this film. Hoffman's portrayal of the author is possibly his greatest acting performance that more than carries the film through to it's final emotional conclusion.

21. elif jazel's rating of the film Capote

Phillip Seymour Hoffman's stunning performance! Bennett Miller's best directing! and a fascinating story! this is definitely one of the best movies of all time! It is a heart touching drama. Im sure you'll remember every scene of it even after years.

22. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Capote

23. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Capote

Looking at all of these American films on MUBI, I feel that I'm constantly saying the same thing: interesting performances, but pretty academic as a film.

24. Adriana Eftimie's rating of the film Capote

kudos to seymour și cam atât