1. José Marín's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

So, in order for a kid to have an interest in science and be good at it, he ought to not have a sense of humour? What the hell is this movie suggesting?

2. Janit's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

3. NUGA's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

From the design of the movie to about 50% of the writing it's faithful to the source material, the other half is completely forgettable if you're older than 8 and even then you'd rapidly forget. The writers had the privileged position to spice up the childish tone of the book with the nonsensical mainstream humor of "Steven's Universe", without it feeling forced, but they didn't feel inspired as it seems.

4. Nachtreich's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

5. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

The inspired sock puppet sequence and the Ferris Bueller homage raised a smile. The rest is an OK kids movie. Unfortunately I'm not seven.

6. JoãoMoura's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

7. James Mackin's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

More out there than I thought, which was fun. Ed Helms is maybe the perfect choice to play Captain Underpants.

8. Tiagojeff's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

I first read the books in 2004 and managed to be surprised about how the movie was delivered, taking into account older & new readers alike. Also, the socks' scene is the greatest scene.

9. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

Coming from someone who's first book series he could read on his own was Captain Underpants (explains a lot, doesn't it?), this is the film I wanted thirteen years ago and its tardiness is really my only complaint. In a whiz-bang 85 minutes, this film adaptation is one that that knows how to be a sweet parable on childhood, a great-looking animated film, and a charmingly silly commitment to its source material.