1. FISCHER's rating of the film Career Girls

A notre grand regret, le film est une évidente déception; fonctionnant sur un lancinant balancement entre présent et passé, avec une verbalisation frisant quelquefois la surabondance et la logorrhée hystérique et pêchant d'un manque évident de rigueur www.cinefiches.com

2. lbunuel's rating of the film Career Girls

Leigh's magic is completely dry here. And the musical score is ludicrous.

3. redux's rating of the film Career Girls

Two English spinsters reunite to fondly remember all that spastic twitching-together. Katrin Cartlidge would have made a great Ms Bronte.

4. Nathan Lee Johnson's rating of the film Career Girls

5. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film Career Girls

A somewhat underrated film in Leigh's career, it still is as poignant and humane as his best works.

6. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Career Girls

7. Jamie Hughes's rating of the film Career Girls

8. Al's rating of the film Career Girls

For me the characters with all their emotional baggage really came over strongly and the use of flashbacks to their student days emphasised how far those two friends came in the six years since they last saw each other. Especially the coincidences of meeting other students from their student days just made this film so special for me.

9. Diarmuid's rating of the film Career Girls

I just found the performances in the flash back scenes to be embarassingly affected and overplayed... it was clearly actors "acting". The scene in the pub with the girls and Mark Benton had me hiding behind the sofa. Hated this!

10. Ben Wheeler's rating of the film Career Girls

It took a little while, but, inevitably, the characters grew on me. Mike Leigh has a talent for converting scripts into a breathing entity- I slip into the story and stop question the existence of its characters. Career Girls is particularly chopy, though, with a god-awful, dreadful score, aging the movie in a bad way. Unfortunately this was a negative Mike Leigh experience & my least favorite of his mighty canon.

11. Miasma's rating of the film Career Girls

Watched this yesterday and enjoyed it very much. In hindsight it just keeps appreciating...

12. Pierre's rating of the film Career Girls

This film never overplays its hand. it's sad and somewhat hopeful.