1. petit astronaute's rating of the film Carlito's Way

2. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Carlito's Way

Filmul dat ar fi bun de tot, dacă n-ar încerca din toate puterile să fie Scarface, unele linii de dialog și scene îs copiate cap-coadă de acolo. În fine, dacă De Palma fură de la De Palma asta oricum nu-i plagiat. Pentru o seară de duminică cu berică e perfect.

3. Simone Totaro's rating of the film Carlito's Way

4. blkrchs's rating of the film Carlito's Way

5. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Carlito's Way

Pacino and De Palma trying to escape the heritage of Scarface, to a society that embraced its extravagance and the kids who idolize the icon.

6. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Carlito's Way

7. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Carlito's Way

De Palma's best film. So well executed. A brilliant study of change and how you can't really escape your past and the consequences of your actions, whether good or bad your intentions are. Al Pacino shines, the soundtrack is on point, the camerawork is eclectic and the climax is for sure one of the most suspenseful scenes ever put to film. A masterpiece. I Absolutely recommend this one.

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Carlito's Way

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Carlito's Way

Pour une fois Brian de Palma n'est pas dans un cul-de-sac ! www.cinefiches.com

10. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Carlito's Way

De Palma shines when portraying violence and suspense. But when he tries to show romance, it sucks.

11. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Carlito's Way

12. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Carlito's Way

Rewatched and re-loved. Brian de Palma is one of my favorite film directors.

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Carlito's Way

Brian De Palma gave us a "near-death" scene in the opening. It was good. Why? Because it will keep intriguing us about what happened before (or next?). I will give two thumbs up to Al Pacino and Sean Penn. Mr. Pacino gave a dilemmatic performance as an ex-criminal who wants to be a good guy but it wasn't easy to do. Sean Penn, hmm, he's just a loveable maniac. I love the cinematography very much!

14. film_lies101's rating of the film Carlito's Way

Scarface is a cartoon, this is the real deal. Though Pacino's accent does give one the side eye at times

15. Balthaz21's rating of the film Carlito's Way

16. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Carlito's Way

17. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Carlito's Way

18. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Carlito's Way

A poor self parody performance from Pacino because s De Palma clearly told him to dial up the shouting and the bad Latino accent. I'm surprised how high the average rating is on this site....

19. Steve G.'s rating of the film Carlito's Way

Brian De Palma has never been anywhere near his best when working on gangster stuff, but Carlito's Way is a huge improvement on the ridiculous Scarface. Also contains his second best train station shoot-out.

20. Oussssama's rating of the film Carlito's Way

I've never really liked De Palma's stories, so I never got why he's considered one of the greats of his generation. But now I get it, what he does with a camera is just magnificent, those rotations especially. I had my jaw on the floor in that kissing scene after he breaks the door open

21. Renton47's rating of the film Carlito's Way

Carlito's is too much when it begins; the death, Pacino's narration, the courthouse scenes - this shouldn't work. But when we think we're out in comes the the pool-hall sequence and De Palma pulls us back in. Ever the consummate stylist, he makes this film so damn watchable, even more palatable by its contrast to the histrionics of Scarface. The last 30 mins feel like Back to the Future, but still, he sells it.

22. J0NS's rating of the film Carlito's Way

23. Gianpiero Mendini [cineddoche]'s rating of the film Carlito's Way

Il virtuosismo di De Palma è tenuto a bada da una sceneggiatura perfetta, che alterna battute fulminanti a silenzi che valgono mille parole. Il sogno di Carlito Brigante, gangster uscito precocemente di prigione e che vuole rifarsi una vita, è ostacolato prima di tutto dal mondo che lo circonda e nel quale non si riconosce più. Uno dei capolavori degli anni '90. Pacino e Penn ai vertici delle rispettive carriere.

24. CinemaDead's rating of the film Carlito's Way

An operatic gangster, my favorite De Palma film of all time.