1. Car Agui's rating of the film Carmita

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film Carmita

Probably not the film this actress deserved... Still, interestingly-conceived and compelling enough to merit a watch (Carmita alone is enough to merit a watch), despite the lackluster overall feel.

3. Cosma's rating of the film Carmita

I always thought Bette Davis' performance in Sunset Boulevard was too emphasized... I have to reconsider my position, it pales in comparison with this. But I am talking about a common crime now, we all are egomaniac. Only, Carmita turns her egomania into a form of Art.

4. Massimo's rating of the film Carmita

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film Carmita

A document about a forgotten actress living in what's left of her golden days (long gone). It's interesting how the house seems to be a reflection of Carmita herself, sort of a symbolic extension. It sems this film would benefit from short segments of narration - introducing the actress and her backstory and what is actually going on in the house. As it is, this reminds me of "lost footage", but not in a good way...

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Carmita

I have no knowledge of this actress but the question is: do anyone else than herself? A documentary about a retired actress living in her mansion reliving her few past glories in the limelight having regrets of old decisions and hating herself enormously. Intriguing portrait of an unknown actress feeding herself on the few drips of stardom that she felt in life.

7. dreamseed's rating of the film Carmita

Some lives read like illustrations in an impassioned book on sun signs. Carmita's did too. The directors' complete withholding of the fact-fiction line is admirable. Shine on you crazy diamond.

8. Fernando Barrientos Munguia's rating of the film Carmita

Excelente documental de la vida de esta gran persona, que es muy bella en cuerpo y alma, que no llegó a hacer una gran estrella, por qué su cónyuge se lo impidió, felicidades a la productora ¡!!!!!!!!!

9. Monica Gaona's rating of the film Carmita

Un personaje y una casa, que a través de sus grietas dejan ver un poco de su gloria pasada. Un ícono, que con sus relatos nos desencanta ante la idea de una vida llena de belleza y éxito. Un documental sobre el detrás de cámaras de la fama, en un medio y una época en la que una mujer podría pagar el doble costo por lo que Carmita llama "ausencia de ambición"

10. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Carmita

At first we only get to see the superficial aspects of Carmita. She's an 80 year old has-been Cuban actress with a fiery and borderline eccentric personalty. This is the "fun" part of the film, which initially drags the viewer in, making us want to see more. But as soon as we've been lured inside the almost dilapidated mansion the film starts showing its real colors. Makes for quite an effective contrast.