1. Max Chervin's rating of the film Carol

THE LOOKS! Carol is such an understated melodrama. The fashion, cinematography, and acting are all incredible. Kate Blanchette kills it as the most confident woman in the 1950's

2. lbunuel's rating of the film Carol

Haynes' most disappointing film yet. It just strives towards acritical classicism, beautiful yet shallow surfaces. I am a deep admirer of Haynes' formalism, but in his accomplished films the formality serves as a game of mirrors where you're never quite sure if you get the pun or the joke, or if there is a joke at all. Here things are exactly what they seem, and they just nod towards a benevolent audience.

3. Terri Wise's rating of the film Carol

I wish I could give this 3.5 stars.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Carol

5. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Carol

6. Machupi's rating of the film Carol

7. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Carol

2.5 I tried, its not a bad film and do think Haynes has a nice tone here but its way to much affectation from both the actors and emphasis on creating period over just being with their journey in a deep way. I just never really got the depth of the struggle of these women.

8. Leti's rating of the film Carol

9. eccestefan's rating of the film Carol

loved the storyline & cate blanchett

10. symisz-licht's rating of the film Carol

11. Zuza Kleniewska's rating of the film Carol

12. dhani's rating of the film Carol

I'd go lesbo for Cate Blanchett, hope my bf won't see this

13. muh.'s rating of the film Carol

(2.5) Didn't care about the characters which makes the whole idea of this being a romance movie kinda obsolete.

14. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film Carol

15. MisterColo93's rating of the film Carol

16. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Carol

A beautifully composed if somewhat arid melodrama and we've been here a few times before in its slightly revisionist 'queer' glance into a rear-view mirror of the recent past. Nevertheless it's crafted with a genuine care and delicacy, and is perhaps Haynes's most steady work to date.

17. matt lulu's rating of the film Carol

we are all SO LUCKY that this film exists. feel bad blinking and missing milliseconds when watching it

18. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Carol

19. xuxuxush's rating of the film Carol

Visually lovely, maybe too lovely. Good performances from both leads, but their romance felt oddly substanceless and flighty, perhaps because it came in flimsy impressions that were free-floating, ungrounded, like fragments of a dream, a bit too abstracted, a bit too clean. The characters were too composed, and thus, unreal, without the specificity of flesh and blood. then again this was Patricia Highsmith's fantasy.

20. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Carol

21. petit astronaute's rating of the film Carol

(2.4 | 2K) the film only takes off way into the second half, and it's a bit too late. It's alive for 40 minutes and ends suddenly on the quietly moving finale when both their gazes meet. The screen turns black, the frail flower dies. A film that hesitates, although Cate Blanchett is at times sublime.

22. Mbv Loveless's rating of the film Carol

23. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Carol

24. Śākyamuni's rating of the film Carol

In Carol è spesso presente una sorta di velo formale che trattiene la deflagrazione delle immagini; una garza visuale che tampona il flusso mestruale dell'emozione. Quindi, un'opera straordinariamente trattenuta. Un film di figure e sguardi frenati, in cui lo soddisfacimento relazionale risulta costantemente rimandato, perché intrappolato in un limbo sentimentale ed emozionale, come fosse bloccato in un sogno.