1. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film Carol

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film Carol

3. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Carol

A beautifully composed if somewhat arid melodrama and we've been here a few times before in its slightly revisionist 'queer' glance into a rear-view mirror of the recent past. Nevertheless it's crafted with a genuine care and delicacy, and is perhaps Haynes's most steady work to date.

4. matt lulu's rating of the film Carol

we are all SO LUCKY that this film exists. feel bad blinking and missing milliseconds when watching it

5. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Carol

6. xuxuxush's rating of the film Carol

Visually lovely, maybe too lovely. Good performances from both leads, but their romance felt oddly substanceless and flighty, perhaps because it came in flimsy impressions that were free-floating, ungrounded, like fragments of a dream, a bit too abstracted, a bit too clean. The characters were too composed, and thus, unreal, without the specificity of flesh and blood. then again this was Patricia Highsmith's fantasy.

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Carol

8. petit astronaute's rating of the film Carol

(2.5 | 2K) the film only takes off way into the second half, and it's a bit too late. It's alive for 40 minutes and ends suddenly on the quietly moving finale when both their gazes meet. The screen turns black, the frail flower dies. A film that hesitates, although Cate Blanchett is at times sublime.

9. Mbv Loveless's rating of the film Carol

10. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Carol

11. Śākyamuni's rating of the film Carol

In Carol è spesso presente una sorta di velo formale che trattiene la deflagrazione delle immagini; una garza visuale che tampona il flusso mestruale dell'emozione. Quindi, un'opera straordinariamente trattenuta. Un film di figure e sguardi frenati, in cui lo soddisfacimento relazionale risulta costantemente rimandato, perché intrappolato in un limbo sentimentale ed emozionale, come fosse bloccato in un sogno.

12. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Carol

10th or 11th time. Not sure. I still find something new. I fall in love again.

13. DEWIKHAMI's rating of the film Carol

Bowwwring, but the stars are pretty.

14. bimonov's rating of the film Carol

Very good drama. The music score really matches with the characters' emotions. There are many restrained and subtle emotions in this movie and I have certain fondness for that kind of movie.

15. R's rating of the film Carol

young artsy type is whisked away by a sugarmomma who carries too much emotional baggage

16. pomegranate's rating of the film Carol

this colours is gorgeous and i love film editing

17. Pedro Soares's rating of the film Carol

the portrait of carol should have been painted by therese. the more carol painted her own character and story, the more i lost interest. a beautiful film, nonetheless

18. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Carol

What a beautiful & kind movie. Rooney Mara is kindness it self. Love the 16mm. Such a beautiful movie. Well written too.

19. sleptember's rating of the film Carol

Good film experience. It's excellence is that the film has an "affect" that haunts one for days, weeks, months.

20. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Carol

21. Ronja's rating of the film Carol

too melodramatic for my taste, though sexy

22. hexhunk's rating of the film Carol

The pitch-perfect, period lesbian Christmas movie queer cinephiles secretly put on our holiday lists since forever, with impeccable styling, shooting, adaptation, and a hopeful ending.

23. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Carol

Very Hopper-espue, which drew me in to the cinematography. Otherwise, the romance seemed a little rushed for me to feel its intended intensity.

24. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Carol

It's nice to look at (the location scout deserves a medal) but it's a stilted, empty -and yes, kind of boring- experience. Drains the depth out of Highsmith's writing in the same way Minghella's Ripley did. If I were directing: Less attention on simulacrum and more on...I don't know...connecting images with emotions (it's a love story, right)? But I'm a rube so what do I know. I'll go quietly to Cinephile Jail now...