1. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Casino Royale

Le meilleur Bond avec Moonraker. C'est tout. A voir.

2. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Casino Royale

3. Star Lord's rating of the film Casino Royale

4. hemachandra's rating of the film Casino Royale

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Casino Royale

Rien à redire ou à maudire sur les séquences d'action, efficaces et souvent bluffantes. Mais la romance transpire l'eau de rose et le bisou fané, alors que la longue partie de cartes frise l'ennui mortel et le bâillement intempestif... www.cinefiches.com

6. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Casino Royale

The pre/post-title action scenes, some scenes with Dench/Green, the unusual Bond torture scene, and the last 1/2 hour hold up the rest, keeping the typical heavy plot interesting. The 2nd half is centered around a dull poker game (!) and making the normally fantastic actor, Mikkelsen, forgettable. Casino Royale would've been a tense and emotional action/spy film with momentum.... if cut by 35 minutes.

7. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Casino Royale

8. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Casino Royale

The best Bond film, easily a grade above the rest of the series for it's scripting and acting. We get to see how Bond came to be, which I think is the most important part of the story/character.

9. Renton47's rating of the film Casino Royale

I used to think this was about as good as a Bond gets, on rewatch I'm not so sure. It's self-serious, dry and looks bad, which is the gift of having Deakins contribute to this series later. Not especially well-crafted or gripping, though the initial chase sequence does the job. I would argue history has proven this was a misguided mood for the series to pursue.

10. jonijtr's rating of the film Casino Royale

Maybe James Bond franchise isn't really my thing

11. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Casino Royale

12. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Casino Royale

3.5. Tempted to bump it up to four stars, since it's among the best of a series I don't care particularly much neither for nor about.

13. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Casino Royale

A more character-based spin on Bond makes him simultaneously more sympathetic and horrifying. But, more importantly, you believe it when he turns an earnest declaration of love into an opportunity to brag about his finger game.

14. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Casino Royale

From the first - and the best - BOND novel.

15. James Mackin's rating of the film Casino Royale

One of the best Bond films ever made. Even if Mads Mikkelsen wasn't in it, it would still be pretty good.

16. panduabi's rating of the film Casino Royale

17. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Casino Royale

18. Operation Kino's rating of the film Casino Royale

Le Chiffre is so evil, he wears black pants with a black shirt, black waitcoast, black bowtie, and a black dinner jacket. Even his shoes are black.

19. lo0226's rating of the film Casino Royale

Mon James Bond préféré. Peux être pour son coté action-mais-pas-trop, la partie de poker qui coute cher et pour le scénario réussi.

20. SiIencio's rating of the film Casino Royale

There is no subtlety or irony in Bond, there is no charm or soul in Craig. The romance here is quite credible and gracious though. Charming early exchanges between Craig and Eva Green. Is perhaps Mads Mikkelsen one of the most unappealing villains in the franchise to date? That game of poker had no tension. Someone should have looked under the sleeves... folks were loaded!

21. Steve G.'s rating of the film Casino Royale

Makes far more sense in the post-Spectre Bond landscape, and is a more enjoyable and interesting film for it. The early scenes between Daniel Craig and Eva Green are some of the best stuff in Bond history, as is the post-credits foot chase. A bit dry and humourless for my tastes, but still tremendously enjoyable.

22. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Casino Royale

23. MarcW's rating of the film Casino Royale

24. HKFanatic's rating of the film Casino Royale

Rewatching "Casino Royale" in preparation for "Spectre," I was once again taken in by the film's spectacular action sequences (director Martin Campbell is operating at McTiernan levels here), in-depth characterization, and stellar performances. Who knew the best way to revitalize James Bond for the 21st century was to give him a soul? For my money, this remains Daniel Craig's finest outing in the role.

← Previous 1 3 4