1. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Casino Royale

2. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Casino Royale

The hype and speculation surrounding the release proves that you can take some liberties provide you stay true to the essence of the material. There was nothing that Casino Royale detracted from the previous Bond films it simply brought it into the 21st century where a majority are saying it's the best Bond film made. The main villain and theme song may not be that memorable but Eva Green is my favourite Bond girl!

3. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Casino Royale

4. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Casino Royale

It captures - or perhaps recaptures - the vicious streak inherent in the novels but rather lacks their cocktail hour elan, instead trading on modern day par-of-the-course slam dunk action for sensation. It’s not worth debating too greatly what is milked each time from this particular cash cow, except to say the film delivers a much needed kick up the britches to the series albeit a few kicks too many elsewhere.

5. Enkiled's rating of the film Casino Royale

Axis mundi-ul, in continuare

6. AwkwardZoneDefeated's rating of the film Casino Royale

One of my favorite Bond movies of all times.

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Casino Royale

Necessary reboot. It is helped with a good cast and a more straight forward realistic approach to the franchise, but I'm not that sold on the "love story" even if I love Eva Green's whispery voice and every freckle that cover her body.

8. Stein Ove Lien's rating of the film Casino Royale

9. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Casino Royale

I don't care for it, but it's a well made action film.

10. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Casino Royale

Le meilleur Bond avec Moonraker. C'est tout. A voir.

11. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Casino Royale

12. Star Lord's rating of the film Casino Royale

13. hemachandra's rating of the film Casino Royale

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Casino Royale

Rien à redire ou à maudire sur les séquences d'action, efficaces et souvent bluffantes. Mais la romance transpire l'eau de rose et le bisou fané, alors que la longue partie de cartes frise l'ennui mortel et le bâillement intempestif... www.cinefiches.com

15. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Casino Royale

The pre/post-title action scenes, some scenes with Dench/Green, the unusual Bond torture scene, and the last 1/2 hour hold up the rest, keeping the typical heavy plot interesting. Casino Royale could've been vastly more emotional if its final third was expanded and deepened, or it would've been a tense and thrilling action/spy film with momentum.... if its 1st two acts were cut by 35 minutes.

16. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Casino Royale

17. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Casino Royale

The best Bond film, easily a grade above the rest of the series for it's scripting and acting. We get to see how Bond came to be, which I think is the most important part of the story/character.

18. Renton47's rating of the film Casino Royale

I used to think this was about as good as a Bond gets, on rewatch I'm not so sure. It's self-serious, dry and looks bad, which is the gift of having Deakins contribute to this series later. Not especially well-crafted or gripping, though the initial chase sequence does the job. I would argue history has proven this was a misguided mood for the series to pursue.

19. jonijtr's rating of the film Casino Royale

Maybe James Bond franchise isn't really my thing

20. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Casino Royale

21. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Casino Royale

3.5. Tempted to bump it up to four stars, since it's among the best of a series I don't care particularly much neither for nor about.

22. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Casino Royale

A more character-based spin on Bond makes him simultaneously more sympathetic and horrifying. But, more importantly, you believe it when he turns an earnest declaration of love into an opportunity to brag about his finger game.

23. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Casino Royale

From the first - and the best - BOND novel.

24. James Mackin's rating of the film Casino Royale

One of the best Bond films ever made. Even if Mads Mikkelsen wasn't in it, it would still be pretty good.

← Previous 1 3 4