1. Kevin Lloyd's rating of the film Casque d'or

Simone Signoret is so luminous in this film that the sheer effulgence of her presence can obscure Becker's wider achievement in marrying an Impressionist painting of Beau Monde Paris and a genre thriller to end up with a glorious melodrama which, as with the waltz between Marie and Georges, transcends mere time and place.

2. Jim's rating of the film Casque d'or

★★★½ /35mm/ Becker’s great romantic tragedy thoughtfully unfolds, taking its time to develop the turn of the century French setting, layered characters and the building drama that envelops all of them. Simone Signoret is magnificent, displaying a rich range of emotions. Becker skillfully handles the shifting tones of melodrama until its haunting cutting end.

3. Alex's rating of the film Casque d'or

4. Matt Reddick's rating of the film Casque d'or

rewatch: Just as impressed with the acting this time, but the remastered sound mix was really good.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Casque d'or

Thank god for the effectiveness of the Paris police.

6. Landen Celano's rating of the film Casque d'or

Simone Signoret is untouchable.

7. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Casque d'or

8. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Casque d'or

This is what is meant by the filmmakers of the French New Wave when referencing the old French Cinema they sought to subvert. It’s a perfect example of that Renoir frame of mind, even though he is not the director here. “Tradition of quality” I think they called it. This is certainly that.

9. mubianer's rating of the film Casque d'or

Reminded me of Renoir. A lyrical film from the underworld.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Casque d'or

Un des plus beaux et des plus complets films de Jacques Becker, qui immortalise la regrettée Simone Signoret dans un des rôles essentiels de sa longue et variée carrière. Désormais un classique du cinéma français qui n'a rien perdu de sa mélancolique tendresse et de sa légendaire fatalité. Certainement l'une des meilleures compositions de Serge Reggiani, époustouflant. www.cinefiches.com

11. Balthaz21's rating of the film Casque d'or

12. A47's rating of the film Casque d'or

Without Casque d'Or, there would be no Martin Scorcese.

13. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Casque d'or

14. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Casque d'or

15. Dignan's rating of the film Casque d'or

Dynamic transitions... well-made film about nothing.

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Casque d'or

17. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Casque d'or

7.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-25c

18. muh.'s rating of the film Casque d'or

well we all knew where this one was going :|

19. LI-IX's rating of the film Casque d'or

Becker's film may not be complex, intellectual nor innovative. Nonetheless, his powerful, energetic filmmaking, alongside Signoret and Reggiani's masterful performances, makes "Casque d'or" one of the most beautiful and touching '50s French films.

20. Mubiey's rating of the film Casque d'or

21. NICOLE86's rating of the film Casque d'or

I think I am now in love with Simone Signoret

22. Shelley's rating of the film Casque d'or

a completely unexpected beautiful piece of French cinema, that I had never heard of until I perused Criterion's French section and chose it for my Romance Criterion segment at the theatre. it will sweep you off your feet with the soft glow cinematography, the beautiful black and white, and Simone's captivating beauty. I am shocked at how little following this film has and how I haven't seen it til now. must watch!

23. Michel Poiccard's rating of the film Casque d'or