1. Aardsy's rating of the film Casque d'or

Thank god for the effectiveness of the Paris police.

2. Landen Celano's rating of the film Casque d'or

Simone Signoret is untouchable.

3. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Casque d'or

4. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Casque d'or

This is what is meant by the filmmakers of the French New Wave when referencing the old French Cinema they sought to subvert. It’s a perfect example of that Renoir frame of mind, even though he is not the director here. “Tradition of quality” I think they called it. This is certainly that.

5. mubianer's rating of the film Casque d'or

Reminded me of Renoir. A lyrical film from the underworld.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Casque d'or

Un des plus beaux et des plus complets films de Jacques Becker, qui immortalise la regrettée Simone Signoret dans un des rôles essentiels de sa longue et variée carrière. Désormais un classique du cinéma français qui n'a rien perdu de sa mélancolique tendresse et de sa légendaire fatalité. Certainement l'une des meilleures compositions de Serge Reggiani, époustouflant. www.cinefiches.com

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Casque d'or

8. A47's rating of the film Casque d'or

Without Casque d'Or, there would be no Martin Scorcese.

9. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Casque d'or

10. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Casque d'or

11. Dignan's rating of the film Casque d'or

Dynamic transitions... well-made film about nothing.

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Casque d'or

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Casque d'or

7.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-25c

14. muh.'s rating of the film Casque d'or

well we all knew where this one was going :|

15. JVG's rating of the film Casque d'or

Becker's film may not be complex, intellectual nor innovative. Nonetheless, his powerful, energetic filmmaking, alongside Signoret and Reggiani's masterful performances, makes "Casque d'or" one of the most beautiful and touching '50s French films.

16. Mubiey's rating of the film Casque d'or

17. MWinzar's rating of the film Casque d'or

18. NICOLE86's rating of the film Casque d'or

I think I am now in love with Simone Signoret

19. Shelley's rating of the film Casque d'or

a completely unexpected beautiful piece of French cinema, that I had never heard of until I perused Criterion's French section and chose it for my Romance Criterion segment at the theatre. it will sweep you off your feet with the soft glow cinematography, the beautiful black and white, and Simone's captivating beauty. I am shocked at how little following this film has and how I haven't seen it til now. must watch!

20. Michel Poiccard's rating of the film Casque d'or

21. chanandre's rating of the film Casque d'or

[Cinémathèque PT #49: 35 mm]

22. Dave's rating of the film Casque d'or

In the short career of Jacques Becker he made some of the finest crime dramas in French cinema history. Casque d'or is a beautiful, lyrical romance set in the underworld. Few others besides Becker could make this film as wonderfully as he did.

23. CriterionRefs's rating of the film Casque d'or

I expected a handsome, atmospheric period piece, which we get in this film, but there's so much more - Casque d'or has guts! A nicely realized production that affected me more deeply than anticipated. Simone Signoret is magnificent, the way she carries herself, her saucy grin communicates so much, especially considering the hapless situation her character was in. She and Serge Reggiani created a couple to care about.

24. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Casque d'or

el trabajo sutil, preciso y precioso de becker en su punto más alto. los personajes son todos entrañables u odiosos a cuál más. signoret y reggiani fantásticos, la narración fluye con la naturalidad del río con el que inicia la cinta. fan inmediato, ansío poder ver todo el trabajo de este verdadero master de masters!