1. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Castaway

Not to be confused with Zemeckis' film... this may have not been one of Roeg's best works since it seemed that he decided to leave the usual dreamlike quality or something like that behind but seeing Donohoe in this film was really hot at the time (next to working with Russell up next). 2/5

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Castaway

Somewhat atypical for Roeg; more nuanced for Reed: a reminder of the fine actor he was, and the opportunities he was latter ill-afforded. Perfunctory visuals are interrupted with the occasional Roeg-spike but these are often at odds with the televisual feel. Sharper playing atones for indifferent characterisation and an almost arbitrary disregard for investigating situation.

3. CRW's rating of the film Castaway

I get the feeling I probably shouldn't have enjoyed this film. But, I did.

4. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Castaway

I really enjoyed how Amanda Donohoe was able to be mainly nude through much of the film's duration AND how her nudity isn't constantly made a point of in a facile sexual context, and that we're able to take her character seriously regardless. However, there feels to be something lacking in the midst of the self-imposed desert island scenario as it shifts into difficult and fleeting romance.