1. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

Interesting way to depict a confusing story

2. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

I was hesitant, as always, when it comes to anything Ramsey's, but this go seemed like it had a vision at least. And it totally delivered on it. We're not spoon fed a rehashed true crime tale. It puts the camera, in a brilliantly haunting manner, on what the tragedy means to a family.

3. Erklgh's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

4. Risya's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

I am one amongst the many who is intrigued by the case of JonBenet, and so I too was expecting to see a new resolution of the case. However, the approach of the doc was unlike conventional ones that would resonates emotion out of the topic, and instead shows us the introspection of the people around it, and how the public interacts and form personal attachments to such tragedy. The ending montage was captivating.

5. Tigrão's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

Kinda like a joke that's stretched for far too long, Casting JonBenet is really unsatisfying and seems to only exist for its gimmicky concept.

6. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

As innovative as it is, as far as I'm concerned it's not a documentary as if you didn't go in already knowing the case you would learn very little about it. What I found interesting were the parallels you could draw from those child actors and JonBenet, the pursuit of stardom by the parents (especially the little kid who said he'd lost a days school for a audition that lasted 9 hours and didn't amount to anything).

7. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

The performative aspect of it is very interesting, these kind of approaches are what makes documentaries good and unique and constantly evolving in its language

8. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

A twisted, but revealing conceit that assembles a fascinating cast of people and puts them on display. I don't care about the case in question, but the personal intricacies and cinematic flourishes here stand alone as fascinating.

9. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

really interesting take on a documentary format, a real surprise gem.

10. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

Very unique approach to depicting one of America's most haunting unsolvable murder cases. A roulette of theories and interpretations, which grows into a national obsession to find truth. This film doesn't give us answers but rather opens up to more questions!

11. The Cinema Doll's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

A fascinating and unique approach to a horrific crime. Not the best starting point for someone who does not know much about the case but beautifully executed nonetheless, I could not take my eyes off the tracking shot during the last 10 minutes.

12. samuele90's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

Qualcuno lo faccia per Cogne.

13. Shelley's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

Not a documentary, not even sure what to call this.

14. patríciapinho's rating of the film Casting JonBenet

very interesting approach to the documentary genre. doesn't try to give you answers or present bias but instead works as a sociological study of how the people of boulder colorado feel about the crime and her murderer, giving insight to their own lives as well

15. Catarina Silva's rating of the film Casting JonBenet