1. Kenzozo's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

2. Adam GR's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

It will grow on me, I'm sure. I don't like these characters, namely the antagonists, as much as other Miyazaki incantations. There's always a cathartic epic to his stories that rings environmental truth and gives an incidental, integral voice for the working class. All in a retrofuturist, magic realist way. Many allusions to Nausicäa were appreciated. The destination was beautiful, love the robots. LAP-you-tah.

3. raquel_ag's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

Enredo: ★★★★ Animação: ★★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★★★

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

interesting mystic feel and a great quest story makes this one of the true epics from Studio Ghibli with tons of charming moments.

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

A delightful fantasy that will bring out the child in anyone

6. Ghostman's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

It could have gone more in depth like his other films but this is great. A beautiful film, flaws and all.

7. Star Lord's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

Niente male come sempre, non tra i miei preferiti ma si lascia guardare assolutamente. Da 3,5.

8. teresa romã's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

God, I loved the the concept art in this.

9. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

10. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

A bit too much of a traditional adventure romp for my taste, albeit with ecological steam-punk trappings. Only the castle itself with its giant metal curator really lingers. But you can't fault the workmanship on display. A sturdy film, but not one which resonated deeply with me. For that reason it has never become "go to" comfort viewing like 'Kiki' for me.

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

Chef-d'oeuvre de l'animation nippone ! www.cinefiches.com

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

Often overlooked Miyazaki film which is up there with some of his best. The usual epic storytelling wonderfully executed.

13. Luca's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

14. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

15. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

I really enjoy that the plot is the effect that technology has on us and that even the most technologically advanced world can have huge consequences when it is put in the wrong hands. I really gained a deeper understanding for how great nature and natural beauty is while watching the film.

16. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

17. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

18. Machupi's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

Not my fav of Miyazaki but even if it's a minor movie from him, this is still a major one for cinema

19. Tatami's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

One of the weaker Miyazaki in his classic bunch. It remains a charming but dated animated film. I've seen this many times, in the original, french and english dubbing. One thing: Beware of the atrocious english dubs.

20. Mar J's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

21. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

My favourite Miyazaki film! Soundtrack is still absoultely brilliant still!

22. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

Ghibli's films - and by extension, Miyazaki's - work best when fantasy invades a grounded reality. Films such as Spirited Away, Totoro, Ponyo etc. work well because of their magic realism, and the sense of wonder we experience through the protagonist(s). Meanwhile, this is exquisite hard fantasy fare, and while it misses the "anything can happen" brush of Miyazaki's later work, it has charm and invention in spades.

23. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Castle in the Sky

3-4. A beautiful movie with a great theme, and fun characters.

24. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Castle in the Sky