1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Castro Street

Now THAT is color! And light from color in a way that is very rare outside of painting (it is simply rare in painting). This must be an immensely influential film; I could see and hear the DNA of so many filmmakers flowing out of this one, David Lynch, especially. In turn, it flowed from so much in such a rich way: Whitman, Léger, Man Ray, William Carlos Williams, Sheeler, Demuth . . . Thanks, Fandor!

2. saitosouta's rating of the film Castro Street

Do Factories dream of poet? YES.

3. Darragh McCarthy's rating of the film Castro Street

I've never seen anything like this before but it was certainly interesting. There wasn't much to it really. A TV screen doesn't do it justice, I'll admit, but it went on for a fair bit longer than I felt it needed to. I've had worse 10 minutes though, in fairness.

4. Chilton's rating of the film Castro Street

5. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Castro Street

6. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Castro Street

I can't believe this is from the sixties. Looks more from the eighties approach. It's a little masterpiece, ahead of it's time.

7. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Castro Street

A real transformation of the senses, and one of the most tactile films my eyes have touched recently. Like most films of its kind, however, the affect wears a little thin at points. I kind of feel that these films are best kept the length of a tight pop song, or the duration before the tantalizing taste and texture of a good dish becomes commonplace on the tongue.

8. Javier De Quinto Merino's rating of the film Castro Street

The concept was great, but poorly executed. We saw other films in that time exploiting this concept and Castro Street scored lower in many senses, 2 out of 5 because it was an strange idea at those times

9. mgaspa's rating of the film Castro Street

Sounds and images of dayli working reality. Excellent !!!!

10. Erich Rau's rating of the film Castro Street

Innovative, clever, and bursting with the power of place. A great example of location as character.

11. caro_larrain's rating of the film Castro Street

Another awesome recommendation and streaming option from mubi. Avant-Garde film with many conections to european avant gardes in the early 20's, with a twist on the subject matter and a dosis of impressonist observational quality

12. anarresti's rating of the film Castro Street

Great visual (and sound) creation. Wonderful editing to produce an experimental piece that still stands the test of time. Makes me want to dive into the rest of Bruce Baillie's work.

13. José Neves's rating of the film Castro Street

Superimposition perfection at its most accomplished compositional editing.

14. nein's rating of the film Castro Street

Nice picture. Could be shorter. That's all.

15. Maria Ordóñez's rating of the film Castro Street

16. El Biffo's rating of the film Castro Street

Castro St. in Richmond, CA, not San Francisco. A poem about trains, shot in the rail yard of the Iron Triangle by the founder of Canyon Cinema, the historic Bay Area experimental film collective.

17. Nathan Johnson's rating of the film Castro Street

Film as poem, and a great one at that

18. Pan32's rating of the film Castro Street

Mesmerizing. I would really like to see it on a large screen.

19. dschank's rating of the film Castro Street

it's too bad the phrase "moving painting" is so overused, because this is the kind of film to which the term truly applies. "castro street" finds a very focused balance between sensual abstraction and the ephemera of the railroad itself. beautiful.

20. msmichel's rating of the film Castro Street

Very interesting collage. Understand the reputation of the filmmaker now.

21. bluerose's rating of the film Castro Street

It makes me think of a "street symphony" considering the genre "city symphonies"!

22. diogoabdalla's rating of the film Castro Street

23. Fabio Espejo's rating of the film Castro Street

24. Weaving Wave's rating of the film Castro Street

Perfectly blended sound and music and multilayered images, truly dreamlike yet clear-cut, mesmerizing and lucid at the same time.