1. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Cat People

2. amandav's rating of the film Cat People

the shadows! evil seething inside + rejection of physical intimacy are 2 of my fav subjects

3. Sin título.'s rating of the film Cat People

4. bartkl's rating of the film Cat People

At first it seemed too fantastical to me, but as the story progresses, it becomes darker and more mysterious and consequently -to me at least- more interesting. The mystery is supported well by the dark setting. I cannot help but dislike the fantastical bit though, even though it's the very unique and core thing about this film. A matter of taste of course.

5. samuset's rating of the film Cat People

6. Joel's rating of the film Cat People

I really struggled with this film. I’ve really loved the two other Tourneau films I’ve seen (I Walked With A Zombie and Curse of the Demon) this film simply fails for me due to the absurdity of the underlying story. As well executed as you can try the fear of turning into a cat fails to compel or really disturb me. Yes this is a far better film than it’s 70s counterpart. But nothing lingers, nothing haunts.

7. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Cat People

Messa in scena superba, che punta sulla psicologia dei protagonisti per darle una profondità inaspettata. La protagonista ha un'evoluzione fantastica. Ritmo ottimo e tensione sempre crescente che suscita curiosità. Scene meravigliose, con un uso fantastico delle luci. Inquadrature curatissime con angolazioni non banali. Interpretazioni molto buone.Eccellente qualità sia in termini di scrittura che in termini tecnici.

8. Arf's rating of the film Cat People

9. ammar's rating of the film Cat People

10. moniquekidman's rating of the film Cat People

Terror is entirely communicated through shadow and the unending possibilities of what could lie within. Sexual repression is obviously the cause of all of the horrific situations and this repression transforms what is originally terrifying into something entirely bleaker.

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Cat People

So much bad acting. Thank god for Tom Conway. The plot was a bit far-fetched, but the visuals were good.

12. Barrett.'s rating of the film Cat People

I'd be perfectly fine with marrying someone that repels cats.

13. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film Cat People

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Cat People

Chef-d'oeuvre du cinéma fantastique qui fait rimer poésie sauvage avec beauté formelle, fascination de l'inconnu et mythes légendaires. Approche intelligente et adroite des archétypes de l'inconscient collectif et de la peur, du désir/rejet de la féminité. Un grand moment de cinéma ! www.cinefiches.com

15. zohen lux's rating of the film Cat People

i can't believe my biopic was made in 1942! "a woman who kills the thing she loves", has something evil seething inside her, is terrified of and rejects physical intimacy, cries in the bathtub hmmmm.. @ me next time

16. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Cat People

7.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2QV

17. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Cat People

Purring softhorror. Not scary at all, yet moody thanks to the film-noir aesthetics. Simone Simon as the Serbian mistress is wonderful, the other characters and actors rather not. What on earth does she see in that wooden bloke? There’s some subtle subtext concerning relationships, love and sexuality - treated like you’d expect in an American movie from the 40s.

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Cat People

Rewatched and re-loved. One of my favorite films of all time. "Even as fog continues to lie in the valleys, so does ancient sin cling to the low places, the depressions in the world consciousness."

19. DisRegarding Henry's rating of the film Cat People

One of the most influential horror films ever made and an essential watch for any fan of the genre. Cat People set the formula for cinematic psychological horror, relying almost entirely on shadow and suggestion, playing with the audience’s anxiety and expectation to get it’s scares. It was so innovative and ahead of it's time that it still feels much more contemporary than most films of this era.

20. DenoResandono's rating of the film Cat People

This movie has a premise like this: A woman who believes she's a descendant of a race of people who turn into cats when sexually aroused. Sounds cool, huh? Unfortunately, I was bored with the first-half of this movie. But this movie become better after that. I admired its cinematography and atmosphere. Not to mention that famous "Lewton Bus" scene. It's still worth to watch...

21. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Cat People

22. Caitlin's rating of the film Cat People

The shadows tell the story.

23. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Cat People

My expectations were a bit high for this one, I’d heard so many good things. There are some great sequences, like the swimming pool scene, but it’s just kind of middle ground stuff. May have worked better if they capitalized on that ambiguity it seemed to be setting up at first.

24. le Gars's rating of the film Cat People