1. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Catfish

2. lonesome-boat's rating of the film Catfish

3. truffraud's rating of the film Catfish

the so-called documentarians are essentially bored millennial douchebags and if you look at it that way, catfish is cruel to angela. OTOH i have to give it points for using different types of media to make the story more sensational and provocative than what it really is, a tabloid spectacle.

4. unearthly_red's rating of the film Catfish

made me remember the time i made this girl think i was a 25 yo guy. fun times

5. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Catfish

I'm not convinced at all that this is actually real, but it does have some interesting things to say about how people build alternative lives on social media, which results in them lying and cheating in the real world.

6. Sabra Thomas's rating of the film Catfish

It's hard for me to call this a 4/5, but a 3/5 seems too harsh for my enjoyment. If you don't think this movie happened, that's fine. If you do think it happened, that's fine too. I don't know for a fact either way, but whether or not the movie fictional doesn't really matter to me; it WAS both well made and an enjoyable experience. (Also, I'd recommend not looking anything up about it.)

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Catfish

A societal extended metaphor for dark social media deliquency where identity can be distorted, even faked, at the expense of others. Whether docu-drama or faux documentary, its message remains firm.

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Catfish

9. James Mackin's rating of the film Catfish

A distinctly 2010s thing. Fun to watch the once.

10. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Catfish

My main concern with the film is its misleading trailer. I really didn't have any knowledge about the film other than the trailer, so I didn't know what to expect. It had a really effective build-up leading up to the final act of the film. The twist was a bit of a disappointment, but that's what I get for going into a film with expectations. It's still a very entertaining film to watch & the TV show is good as well.

11. thomisdead's rating of the film Catfish

I like it. Wether this film is a real documentary or not, it shows a lot of compassion and tenderness towards Angela, which is nice to see. It is also a good representation of today relationships, where people fall in love first with online representations instead of the real person.

12. sarahyuniarni's rating of the film Catfish

This feels a bit staged, idk.

13. lina maj's rating of the film Catfish

14. tenonder's rating of the film Catfish

15. Ashen's rating of the film Catfish

16. Onbestendig's rating of the film Catfish

17. smeef's rating of the film Catfish

18. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Catfish

19. Laura B. Jaramillo's rating of the film Catfish

20. Michael Charron's rating of the film Catfish

Brilliant! Truly fresh and original, this film is the pure definition of the art that is cinema: which is the art of playing with perceptions.

21. DrFirestone's rating of the film Catfish

Catfish is a rather boring "mockumentary", feels fake, trying to cheat (I guess) the viewer it's actually a document of what really happened. I found the main character very annoying, and great acting on Angela's part.

22. lostlevel's rating of the film Catfish

I wish it was authentic, I feel duped. I would rather deal in absolute truth or complete fiction it was an intriguing premise and it presents quite a human story, which teeters upon moving. I think it may be a tad too long but I guess my true beef is with the tv series it spawned rather than this film.

23. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Catfish

I rarely enjoy these docu-reality films, but this one is both harsh and telling on how people do have the option to confront others errors with a bit of understanding and tenderness... a hard thing to come by these days.

24. Erika Jane's rating of the film Catfish

Bit effected but still an intriguing watch